Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Taylor
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #31 by Taylor
Replied by Taylor on topic 2ND PACIFIC GB ENTRY - COMPLETED
Trying another round of pics of the Warhawk.

Fiddled around with the White Balance to get a richer photo. I possible left it too late in the afternoon when the sun was behind the house unlike in a morning when it streams through the garage when the garage door is open. On my Cannon EOS 600D DSLR , the white balance facility isn't selectable in certain modes which is probably standard. Recon I've bitten off more than I can chew with this camera!!!

Let me know what you guys think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #32 by Wally
Replied by Wally on topic 2ND PACIFIC GB ENTRY - COMPLETED
I'm not seeing anything here Taylor. I think maybe you forgot to 'insert' photo?

Contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My preference - WW2 RNZAF & Pacific Theatre, Allied & Axis, ETO, Mediterranean, AFV & figures
I enjoy doing research

• Taylor
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #33 by Taylor
Trying another round of pics of the Warhawk.

Fiddled around with the White Balance to get a richer photo. I possibly left it too late in the afternoon when the sun was going down unlike in a morning when it streams through the garage when the garage door is open. On my Cannon EOS 600D DSLR , the white balance facility isn't selectable in certain modes which is probably standard. Recon I've bitten off more than I can chew with this camera!!!

Let me know what you guys think.

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
6 years 3 months ago #34 by CyNaKyL
Replied by CyNaKyL on topic 2ND PACIFIC GB ENTRY - COMPLETED
Looking pretty good there, Andrew. Shell ejection chutes look better now they are darker.

- Gaz

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

More
6 years 3 months ago #35 by Wally
That certainly looks more like the Tan over Sky scheme I expected to see.
You've done an excellent job of fading and 'bleaching out' the Tan and generally weathering the aircraft.
What do you use as a final matt coat?
Cheers
Wally.

Contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My preference - WW2 RNZAF & Pacific Theatre, Allied & Axis, ETO, Mediterranean, AFV & figures
I enjoy doing research

• Taylor
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #36 by Taylor
Hey guys thanks for that.
Hi Wally. The final matt coat was Hannants Xtracrylix Flat Varnish. Normally I use Vallejo Matt varnish but when I looked in the bottle it was vertually empty. To be honest, I have used both products on various models and they both appear just as good. I like both anyway because you can just add a couple of drops of water on a paint brush and away you go. I did on this occasion however buff the final paint coat down to make it smoother then I applied two coats of klear on the model before applying decals and then one coat to seal the decals before weathering. Before I have only ever done one coat of klear, done everything then done a flat coat. The results speak for themselves I think and I can see why other modellers do the extra work. What do think of the rear fuselage joint Wally?

More
6 years 3 months ago #37 by Wally
Very minor discrepancies in a couple of panel lines are evident to me but then I am obsessed with the darn fuselage join and most people probably wouldn't even notice.
You've done well.

I enjoy doing research

Moderators: AndrewGaryTony Lee