Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
2018 is the Centenary of the formation of the Royal Air Force on the 1st of April, 1918. The build will run until February 1st 2019 and is open to any scale and any subject that represented the RAF, including aircraft, ground vehicles and equipment, or RAF personnel.
Ideally the model must be built in its entirety within the specified build dates and the build, but kits that have been part started can be entered at the discretion of the group build leader.
The build should be accompanied by a thread in the group build forum documenting regular progress. Post shots of your sprues or the current state of the build at the beginning of your thread.
By the end of the GB (and no later than 24 hours after the completion date) participants should post five pictures of the completed build in the GB completed builds thread.
There is no entry fee for the GB, but a donation for the upkeep of Kiwimodeller is always welcome.
Entrants who complete a build, post their completed pictures and reside in New Zealand will enter a draw to win a prize (Prize to be advised; one draw entry per person; entrant must reside in New Zealand to qualify for entrance in to the prize draw).
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAF 100 GB: Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9

RAF 100 GB: Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9 2 months 1 week ago #1

• Viperbuilder
  • Viperbuilder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 412
With the imminent release of the new Airfix 1-48 Hunter F.Mk.6 in November I have been renewing my interest in the type of late and over the last few nights I've been looking at Revell's 1-72 Hunter FGA.9 kit. It ticks all the right boxes in terms of shape, detail, simplicity and fit. The force has overtaken me somewhat on this kit that I've decided I must build one here and now to satisfy myself so I'm throwing it into the mix for the RAF 100 Group Build.

Now it's time to remove the parts from their sprues and do some clean up ready for internal painting in the weekend. There's not too much to this kit so I'll aim to have it finished within four weeks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

On the bench:
Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9

RAF 100 GB: Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9 2 months 1 week ago #2

• IAN
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 423
Steve, I have a considerable number of alternative [RAF] decals if you want another choice... gratis, just let me know.

(My FR.10 conversion from 2016)

Ian.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viperbuilder

Last Edit: by IAN.

RAF 100 GB: Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9 2 months 1 week ago #3

• Viperbuilder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Many thanks for the offer Ian. I will PM you.

By the way, that is a very nice looking FR.10.

On the bench:
Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9
Last Edit: by Viperbuilder.

RAF 100 GB: Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9 2 months 2 days ago #4

• Viperbuilder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
A dry-fit of the Hunter shows that it fits pretty well in most areas. The wing tip fittings and the leading edge fittings are a bit on the thick side compared with the actual wing thickness so will benefit from some sanding to blend them into the wings.

A quick paint and dry-brush of the cockpit interior comes up reasonably well just using what the kit comes with. This is a OOB build only.

Fuselage assembled now and a bit of the clear canopy sprue has been attached to the tail bullet and shaped. Some painting of the wing root section is needed before the wings are attached and the intake splitter plate needs to be painted and added at this point

Wings are glued together and their interiors painted as required. The kit does not have intake trunking but does not really need any in this scale as it is quite dark inside that area when the wings are fitted. I added some clear sprue for the wing tip lights.

Main assembly is now done so now its time for some clean-up preparation to make it ready for paint.

On the bench:
Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9

RAF 100 GB: Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9 2 months 2 days ago #5

• Grant
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 419
Looking good. Love the Hunter.

• Page: