Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
2018 is the Centenary of the formation of the Royal Air Force on the 1st of April, 1918. The build will run until February 1st 2019 and is open to any scale and any subject that represented the RAF, including aircraft, ground vehicles and equipment, or RAF personnel.
Ideally the model must be built in its entirety within the specified build dates and the build, but kits that have been part started can be entered at the discretion of the group build leader.
The build should be accompanied by a thread in the group build forum documenting regular progress. Post shots of your sprues or the current state of the build at the beginning of your thread.
By the end of the GB (and no later than 24 hours after the completion date) participants should post five pictures of the completed build in the GB completed builds thread.
There is no entry fee for the GB, but a donation for the upkeep of Kiwimodeller is always welcome.
Entrants who complete a build, post their completed pictures and reside in New Zealand will enter a draw to win a prize (Prize to be advised; one draw entry per person; entrant must reside in New Zealand to qualify for entrance in to the prize draw).
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAF 100 GB: Grant's 1/72 Victor Finished!

RAF 100 GB: Grant's 1/72 Victor 2 months 1 week ago #31

• Grant
  • Grant's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 422

Bishop wrote: Looks very good actually, but what weren’t you satisfied about?

I think I was mostly just grumpy and didn't enjoy the build. :lol: But things I would change are some of the steps in assembly, getting a better gloss before the decals and spending a bit more time on the glass. In between the clear parts and the fuselage there is a bit of a gap that really shows up. Next time I would glue in the parts, fill the gap, sand back flush and the polish the clear part.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RAF 100 GB: Grant's 1/72 Victor 2 months 1 week ago #32

• IAN
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 426
No matter what the 'issues' are or were, it's still a h*ll of an impressive build !

Ian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grant

RAF 100 GB: Grant's 1/72 Victor 2 months 1 week ago #33

• Grant
  • Grant's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 422

IAN wrote: No matter what the 'issues' are or were, it's still a h*ll of an impressive build !

Ian.

Cheers. I was quite happy with the surface/weathering. I used a pretty well thinned buff/light grey enamel wash.

RAF 100 GB: Grant's 1/72 Victor 2 months 1 week ago #34

• Terry
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 235
Thanks for pointing out the wash you used Grant, because it works nicely on the base colour. Subtle and yet visible enough to add interest is a fitting description. Build satisfaction aside it's still a lovely finished model.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grant

• Page: