January 17th 2016 will mark 25 years since the US-led Coalition began airstrikes in a prelude to boots on the ground to force the withdrawal of Saddam Hussein’s Iraqi forces from Kuwait. To mark the 25th Anniversary, we will be commencing a Kiwimodeller Group Build, beginning January 17th 2016, and finishing on the 15th of July 2016.
The build is open to any scale and any subject that played a role in Operation Desert Storm. This includes Iraqi forces. The model must be built in its entirety within the specified build dates and the build should be accompanied by a thread in the group build forum documenting regular progress. Post shots of your sprues at the beginning of your thread.
By the end of the GB (and no later than 24 hours after the completion date) participants should post five pictures of the completed build in the GB completed builds thread. There is no entry fee for the GB, but a donation for the upkeep of Kiwimodeller is welcome The winner of the group build will be decided by popular vote.
Voting will run for the week following the 15th of July, ending Midday the 22nd of July. A deadlock will be decided by a separate run-off vote.
That looks an improvement Grant but I'm with the "close the gap" guys if you can. If you look closely at the image of the real curtains there is a fair amount of overlap between top and bottom. If you do the same you'll get rid of the gap.
Mk.2.5 I closed the gap by overlapping the pieces and folding the edges. The shadow form the light makes it look like there is still a gap but there isn't. Actually if you look at pictures of these on the web there are a variety of shapes/foldings/gaps evident. Anyways, this is done. With a bit of paint and weathering it will look okay.
Thanks all. My health hasn't been good lately (kidney is still in good shape thankfully). It's probably just down to the stressful job I've gone back into in the last six months. I'm taking a few days leave to relax. I might get a bit of bench time.
Some other things: my mods on the curtains have blended in nicely with the paint. And also a warning: the instructions for the undercarraige are wrong. Part 94 should be part 95 and vice versa. That led to some serious head scratching.
Ha, I thought they were a bit slap dash. One thing I noticed yesterday was how posture can really help air brushing. Sitting upright and relaxed (and not cramped over the model trying to get a good view) made my working hand more free and accurate.
I'm going to sneak into the garage and give this a bit more attention.