Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
For an idea of what is eligible here is a good list, which will provide plenty of opportunities for a subject: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_operations
Note: even though some of those operations start before and/or finish after the above period, GB subject must have been deployed after start of August 1990 to be eligible, and it must be a combat zone where actual combat occurred, even if the subject did not actively participate i.e. patrol, recon, sentry, etc. If in doubt, check with the admins.
No part started kits, must be a new build. Please post a photo of the unstarted kit contents and a date reference as the first post in your build thread
  • Page:

TOPIC: G2's MCGB Entry - Panda 1/35 Husky MkIII VMMD Afghanistan

G2's MCGB Entry - Panda 1/35 Husky MkIII VMMD Afghanistan 1 week 2 days ago #1

• CyNaKyL
  • CyNaKyL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Serial Kit Starter
  • Thank you received: 423
Finally better pull finger and start my entry now that I've finally decided what to do. I, like Corran, thought I would do something a bit oddball so pciked the Panda 1/35 Husky MkIII VMMD, used by the US Army and Marines in Afghanistan.

Below is a sample photo of a USMC Husky in Afghanistan, there isn't much in the way of individual markings so I will just use the supplied decals.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....
Last Edit: by CyNaKyL.

G2's MCGB Entry - Panda 1/35 Husky MkIII VMMD Afghanistan 1 week 1 day ago #2

• Kresimir
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I'm following this one for sure! I like it!

Who's General Failure and
why's he reading my disk?

G2's MCGB Entry - Panda 1/35 Husky MkIII VMMD Afghanistan 1 week 1 day ago #3

• Marcus.Q1000859
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Cool vehicle, welcome to the build

Marcus

I started building models, then I was collecting more than I built. Now I'm more of an archivist.

G2's MCGB Entry - Panda 1/35 Husky MkIII VMMD Afghanistan 34 minutes ago #4

• CyNaKyL
  • CyNaKyL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Serial Kit Starter
  • Thank you received: 423
Some small progress, got the lower v hull done (have the mine detectors done separately, they can be moveable with care) and the front suspension/diff setup. Was fiddly as hell, maybe 40 parts in just the front suspension set up. Sits slightly wonky (many small attachment points and nothing really solid to line it all up so we will see) but hoping one everything is together it might settle, doesn't need much pressure to straighten it all out. Onto the rear diff/suspension now.

Attachments:

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....
  • Page: