Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

Built to Race
Start Date 30/11/2015
End Date 28/04/2017

The Build is open to all current members of KiwiModeller.
Open to ANY Scale of Model using any medium and any method of construction from OOB to complete Scratchbuilt.
ONLY Vehicles of four or more wheels, (excluding motorcycles and motorcycle-like vehicles (i.e. Quads and trike types)).
Depict ONLY motorised vehicles specifically designed and/or built to compete in any class of sanctioned motor racing events from any era, including Land Speed Record attempts. This may include Post Showroom modifications.
If possible, include written and/or photographic documentation of the vehicle/s you are depicting. Yes, we are looking to depict ACTUAL vehicles that have or do exist.
Artistic Bases/Dioramas are acceptable.
The model/s must be built in entirety within the specified build dates and the build should be accompanied by a thread in the specific “Built to Race” group build forum documenting regular progress. Post shots of your sprues, and documentation if you have any, at the beginning of your thread. By the end of the GB (and no later than 24 hours after the completion date) participants should post a minimum of five pictures of the completed build in the GB’s completed builds thread.
There is no entry fee for the GB, but a donation for the upkeep of Kiwimodeller is always welcome.

The winner of the group build will be decided by popular vote. Voting will run for seven days from the 28th of April 2017, ending Midday on the 5th of May 2017. A deadlock will be decided by a separate run-off vote.

Moderators for this GB are 1/35th Battalion (D1 – David) and one other person yet to offer their services.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fujimi 1/20 DAP kart 1981- Finished

Fujimi 1/20 DAP kart 1981- Finished 1 month 3 weeks ago #31

• Terry
  • Terry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 151
I also forgot to mention the steering actually works! I've found a nice piece of granite that I might use as a base, so added some more pix below. All up the Fujimi kit is not really prototypical for a 1981 DAP kart but in saying that I'm still pleased Fujimi made this kitset because it was a suitable donor as a starting point to make a cool model, and overall I'm pretty chuffed with it. Can't ask for more than that.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fujimi 1/20 DAP kart 1981- Finished 1 month 3 weeks ago #32

• yak
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 152
wow that is awesome :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terry

Rob

Currently hacking away at:
1/24 Aoshima Toyota Surf
1/24 Italeri Western Star
1/48 Aoshima Triton Submersible
1/1 Micro Ace M7 Bayonet
1/24 Panel shop Dio
GW Space marine land speeder

Fujimi 1/20 DAP kart 1981- Finished 1 month 3 weeks ago #33

• wildcat42
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Great model as usual T...

b

Fujimi 1/20 DAP kart 1981- Finished 1 month 3 weeks ago #34

• Bishop
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1218
Now, I've actually driven one of these (a friend raced them many years ago), and this looks like that. This is not just a nice model, this is a scale replica. Just spot on. Wow!!!!

Why is patience a virtue, why can't hurry the f**k up be a virtue?

Fujimi 1/20 DAP kart 1981- Finished 1 month 3 weeks ago #35

• Wally
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Wally
  • Thank you received: 354
Terry, that is so incredibly COOL!!!

Contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My preference - WW2 RNZAF & Pacific Theatre, Allied & Axis, ETO, Mediterranean, AFV & figures
I enjoy doing research
  • Page:
Moderators: CyNaKyLGlennAndrew