Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Terry
  • Terry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #1 by Terry
Hi KMer's,
I'm looking for photos of AEC Matador 6x6 refueller truck circa WWII (early war onwards). I've scoured the web and all but given up hope of finding anything further, so thought I'd put the call out on here begging for any help please?

I've got ample pictures of the outside of the truck but very few if any of the chassis above and around the rear double axle, and the fuel pump enclosure at the rear. The fuel pumps vary widely depending on what gas they pumped, but I'm looking for a non-boom fitted truck if that's any help?

The AEC Militant and Matador owners website is no longer up it appears so that is unfortate.

Some eye candy of the beasty in question.

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Terry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shaunfletcher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 years 8 months ago #2 by shaunfletcher
Have you looked at the Accurate Armour website? They do several (surely very accurate) refueller variants and are likely to have decent pictures of at least the back part
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terry

• Terry
  • Terry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 years 8 months ago #3 by Terry
I did find the Accurate Armour site while searching and there is one shot of the early truck from behind. Unfortunately it's the version without built in hose reels, although I may have to just opt to go with the version I have the clearest info on which to date is probably this photo:

The one thing I'm sure I've seen was a parts break down for the Accurate Armour kit but I cannot find it anywhere. Maybe I imagined it!? :blink: :lol: Parts break downs are sometimes the more useful than assembled models.
Attachments:

• shaunfletcher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 years 8 months ago #4 by shaunfletcher
Yeah that was what I was thinking of, nothing like a nice photo of the parts laid out to help.

www.catalogue-host.co.uk/richardedmonds/2011-06-11/lot_531 wrong version again I guess, but amazing shot of the works in the back