Here is my most recent build, a 1/200 Air NZ 737-200. I was actually after a 1/144 scale 737 but this is all I could find at the time, which only cost a couple of dollars. Then two weeks later I found a 1/144 scale 737 so thought I'd make this as a practice one.
The previous owner had melted some of the fuselage when installing the weight in the nose. It was salvageable but required some filling and sanding.
Sorry, more questions....I’ve got some of those decals too. How were they to work with? I’m guessing you had to coat them with something before use?
Always looking for useful information to file away for when I finally get around to my one!
No worries, they were really good, this set was nice and thin. I used Markfit decal softener and Markfit strong for the tight curves. I would only apply the mark fit strong once the decal is in place, because I found it sets really fast if you apply it to the model first. I had to cut some of the spare decals to fit around the nose and tail. I didnt use the anti glare shield tho because I couldn't get it to fit ( it may have needed to be cut down) so I used the one from the kit.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Huey. Reason: Typo
I also applied several gloss coats prior to the decal application and after the decals were applied. But I didnt need to apply any gloss to the decals prior to application. It was only to seal them to the model.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Huey. Reason: Left some info out