Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • ChewbaccaNZ
  • ChewbaccaNZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 10 months ago #1 by ChewbaccaNZ
Advice for aftermarket parts was created by ChewbaccaNZ
Hi guys. I'm 43 years old and have decided to get back into scale modelling after 30 odd years ;-) Can anyone please point me in the right direction concerning where to get aftermarket parts from? I'm looking at easing back into it with the classic (and cheap) Tamiya Zeros but want to get some cockpit photoetch (belts gauge panel etc). Any advice appreciated... Thanks heaps in advance!

Never a dull moment!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #2 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Advice for aftermarket parts
Heya Symon the nearest easiest place to get them from would be www.bnamodelworld.com they are only over the ditch and have a fairly good selection of Eduard PE sets at reasonable prices. Delivery is usually reasonably priced and fairly quick.
Welcome to the site and don't be afraid to ask questions or just join in on the conversations here, you'll find us friendly and helpful.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChewbaccaNZ

More
3 years 10 months ago #3 by Nosferatu
Replied by Nosferatu on topic Advice for aftermarket parts
Hey Mate! Welcome back to the hobby! Its certainly a different world now!! I agree with Gary, BNA are good place to start! I also like using Hobbyeasy.com too but they do take a little longer but still about 10-14 days most times and the postage is pretty good. Plenty of tutorials on etch etc on youtube the other thing I use is a superglue..Gel type, and a thinner type...also I find a PVA glue handy. A word of warning tho..Photo Etch can be frustrating..So take your time and ease into it. As the boss said...plenty of advice to be had here so to be afraid to ask!

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"

More
3 years 10 months ago #4 by Terry
Replied by Terry on topic Advice for aftermarket parts
BNA is a good source if you're in a hurry, but if you don't need it yesterday try local shop www.themodelroom.co.nz Owner Alan is just a phone call away, is both knowledgeable and helpful which may be very helpful to you, and importantly he has a line of supply to almost everything you might want with a pretty good turn around time.

• Craig Sargent
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 years 10 months ago #5 by Craig Sargent
Replied by Craig Sargent on topic Advice for aftermarket parts
I use www.modelimex.com for the majority of my mail order. They are in the Czech Republic and so are close to Eduard, Aires, etc for a very quick turnaround. Never had any issues.

On The Bench (2021)
Hasegawa 1/48 F-4J Phantom
Tamiya 1/48 Martlet IV conversion
Hasegawa 1/48 TAV-8B Harrier conversion
Trumpeter 1/32 A-10A Thunderbolt
Tamiya 1/32 F-14B Tomcat conversion
Hasegawa 1/72 F-104S Starfighter
Hasegawa 1/72 UH-60A Yanshuf conversion

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary