Sci-Fi & Fantasy Group Build
The main criteria for this build is to have fun!
(Build dates: Saturday 24 October 2015 - Saturday 15 October 2016)

Proudly brought to you by Kiwi Modeller in conjunction with Mighty Ape!

The Universe is vast beyond measure, and within it exists untold dimensions. Beyond these is “Te Kore” - The Nothingness. In between the reality of our existence and Te Kore “The Kiwi Modeller Sci-Fi and Fantasy Group Build”!
Parameters for this Group Build
Pretty much any subject is allowed, as long as it’s not real. Examples include Gunpla / Macross / Gundam, TV/movie models, Warhammer, Apocalypse, Steam Punk, Sci-Fi, Bio-Mechanical, Fantasy, Figurines (not based on real people). Out of box, aftermarket and scratch built all allowed. 3D printed items are also allowed but must be totally created by you, not edited from someone else’s work or had elements imported. No partially started kits or work allowed. Entrants must have been be KM members for at least 2 months. Normal vetting for any cynical entries as usual.

All entries must have a build log posted in the group build forum presenting regular progress. Judging will be by community vote and possibly guest judge (to be confirmed). Prize(s) are also to be confirmed. Entries are welcome from KM members outside of NZ and if you win a prize you just need to pay the international shipping. Voting will run for the week following the 15th October 2016, ending at midnight on the 22nd October. A deadlock will be decided by a separate run-off vote. An affordable donation to Kiwmodeller.com is always much appreciated from those participating.
Thanks, and Enjoy!
Moderators are Paul (PJNZ) & Kane (Grover)

Anyone know of

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #1 by Gary
Anyone know of was created by Gary
Has anyone seen or know of where I can lay my hands on some 1/72 or 1/444 Scientists, and non military personnel? I'd done some Googling and not really seen anything.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Craig Sargent
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 10 months ago #2 by Craig Sargent
Replied by Craig Sargent on topic Anyone know of
What about something from Preiser? They do construction workers and railway workers and guys in suits. Something there must be fit for purpose.

On The Bench (2021)
Hasegawa 1/48 F-4J Phantom
Tamiya 1/48 Martlet IV conversion
Hasegawa 1/48 TAV-8B Harrier conversion
Trumpeter 1/32 A-10A Thunderbolt
Tamiya 1/32 F-14B Tomcat conversion
Hasegawa 1/72 F-104S Starfighter
Hasegawa 1/72 UH-60A Yanshuf conversion

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #3 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Anyone know of
Are they the choo choo accessories guys? Thanks Craig I'll google them later when I get home :)

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
5 years 10 months ago #4 by Dave-MA
Replied by Dave-MA on topic Anyone know of
Want me to get some of these in for you Gary? www.hlj.com/product/BAN976505/Gun

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #5 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Anyone know of
Ooh yes plz Dave, a couple of 3 packs should do it I reckon, chuck out the obligatory young girl figure..........
I think1/100 figures should be fine with the 1/144 Mech shouldn't look too far out of place, are they the normal Bandai quality or have you not seen them before?
Will have to get my electron microscope out to paint them though lol.

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Gary.

• Webby_NZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Trying to work more on completion over perfection.
More
5 years 10 months ago #6 by Webby_NZ
Replied by Webby_NZ on topic Anyone know of
I have some 1/144 from Wave. www.hlj.com/product/WAVOP-435/Sci and yes they are TINY

Stand aside caffine, this is a job for alcohol.
Remember to subscribe at www.plamo.nz for latest news, updates and sales. Use KM5 for 5% off your purchase.
Don't forget to mention you found the site via KM so I can give back to the site.

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
More
5 years 10 months ago #7 by grover
Replied by grover on topic Anyone know of
Just saw these on Trademe. 1/50, 1/75, 1/100, 1/150 scales. Not really scientists or people who could be working but maybe useful?
www.trademe.co.nz/toys-models/models/oth...uction-983908128.htm

Kane
On the Bench - Tamiya 1:48 F-117

Moderators: Andrew