North Africa and the Desert Wars GB - HS129B2 in North Africa

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • CyNaKyL
  • CyNaKyL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by CyNaKyL
Here's what I plan on building (turns out I did have something in the stash after all).

Only problem is I'll have to find some SG2 african decals for it. I know the revell reboxing has eastern front and african markings in it as well as the hasegawa african boxing. Anyone have any spare they don't want/need? Otherwise I'll have to see if I can buy some from somewhere...

I'll move this into the proper build thread once it's up...

- Gaz

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by CyNaKyL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Re: HS129B2 in North Africa
This is the proper thread mate, everyone should have their own thread, I might cull some of the old non finished Group builds or move them in to an archive and create a seperate forum for this group build.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by CyNaKyL
Replied by CyNaKyL on topic Re: HS129B2 in North Africa

Gary wrote: This is the proper thread mate, everyone should have their own thread, I might cull some of the old non finished Group builds or move them in to an archive and create a seperate forum for this group build.

Sorry, seperate forum was what I meant, same as what we have for the anzac whif and third reich '46 gb's.

BTW you settled on mod's for the GB or just use the mods that are available now anyway...

- Gaz

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by Gary
I'll see how it goes for now, hadn't really thought about mods etc to be honest was just going to wing it....... :P

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 8 months ago #5 by CyNaKyL
Fair enough, everyone's pretty honest etc so prob not much need for "police".... :whistle:

- Gaz

• 1/35th Battalion
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
8 years 8 months ago #6 by 1/35th Battalion
Replied by 1/35th Battalion on topic Re: HS129B2 in North Africa
Nice plane and a good kit of it Gaz. Happy modelling mate B)

On the Bench:
Tamiya 1/24 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI (1993 DTM) - "Built to Race" GB
Revell 1/24 '77 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 - getting the "Mad-Maxed" treatment - moving to the "Diorama" GB

Don't let someone dim your light simply because it's shinning in their eyes !

More
8 years 8 months ago #7 by Tiger
Replied by Tiger on topic Re: HS129B2 in North Africa
Nice kit Gaz. Look forward to this one too :woohoo:
Dave

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 7 months ago #8 by CyNaKyL
Righto, the obligatory box shot and sprue shots...

The left half of the fuselage was already detached when I bought the kit, I think the box had had a hard life before I bought it...
Might get some done either this weekend or on monday so we'll see how I go. I'm pretty sure I'll replace the cannon barrel with one from Schatton Modellblau as they seem to be the only ones who make the MK103 barrels in brass....

- Gaz

More
8 years 7 months ago #9 by Gary
On the sprues it looks a bit like the JU88 I'm building atm. That KM logo looks PhotoShopped :P

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 7 months ago #10 by CyNaKyL
Funny that... because it is! With photoshop even! If only I could figure out how to get rid of the white corners... Oh well....
I should pull my cyber hobby ornage box ju88g6 out and have a look but from what I remember it does look like this too...
One thing I do want to try and get (and I'm hoping one of you treadheads might be able to help me out here) is get the logo that had a tank and a palm tree on it that some german vehicles had on them... I'll have a dig around to see if I can find an example but I have seen some of this same kit built up as african birds with this logo on the nose and it looks quite good.

- Gaz

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #11 by CyNaKyL
The kit is actually quite well detailed, the engines have enough detail on them especially since you can't see bugger all once the spinner and props are on, the cockpit can hardly be seen even with the canopy open. It even has bulged main wheels straight off the sprues. As I said earlier, the only bit I want to change is the cannon muzzle as the plastic kit one could best be described as a caricature of the real thing. I was wondering if anyone on here has dealt with Schatton Modellblau before and if so, whether they are reliable and easy to deal with. The other problem is their website is in german and the online translators have trouble with it.

- Gaz

More
8 years 7 months ago #12 by Gary
You mean the palm tree logo? I've got a Verlinden spray mask with all those markings on.

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #13 by CyNaKyL
That might be the very one. It's got the tree and something else that might be a tank or vehicle and it has a white ring or outline around it. I had seen a build of my kit somewhere online that had it but I can't seem to find the pics now.
Are the verlinden templates the ones you put over tamiya tape or somesuch and cut the mask for it out, and then apply to the kit?

- Gaz

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 7 months ago #14 by CyNaKyL
Small update, got the wings together and the engine nacelles/pods. Other than that, nothing much else.

- Gaz

Attachments:

More
8 years 7 months ago #15 by Gary
Hey Gaz can ya stop Photoshopping the logo mate, it kind of makes it invalid a bit like this

;)

Attachments:

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 7 months ago #16 by CyNaKyL
Roger, thought it was ok to but any future pics I take I'll print a copy out and stick it in the photo somewhere....

- Gaz

More
8 years 7 months ago #17 by Gary
Thanks mate, kind of defeats the object of authenticating the build/progress otherwise ;)

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
8 years 6 months ago #18 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Re: HS129B2 in North Africa
Hows this one going? B)

You've been back from your hoiliday long enough! :P

I found this pic for you, Hs129 abandoned at Tunis

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.
Attachments:

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 6 months ago #19 by CyNaKyL
Yeah I know, had a lot of stuff going on at home and work so I haven't had much spare time.
I think I have that same picture in the "HS129 in action" book, but that one is far better quality than the one I have.
Thanks matey!

- Gaz

More
8 years 6 months ago #20 by Gary
That is a fantastic shot Andrew, it looks like a flying tank, the cockpit and nose wouldn't look that out of place in a Star Wars movie. Also love the camo on this one.

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 6 months ago #21 by CyNaKyL
It's sorta the camo I was thinking of doing, It is a little daunting though, cause it has the standard 70/71/65 camo and they usually painted the sand colour straight over the top of the original paint. Only thing I will be concerned about is mucking it up and having to redo both paint jobs all over again. I think it will definately be a practice on the test hulk for this one. (And really low pressure and thinned paint).

I might be able to get some more done this friday if I get time.

- Gaz

Moderators: AndrewTony LeeGary