Hi folks. I had started a thread in the WW1 section a few months back for this build but thought it best to shift things here now that the building work proper has started.
The kit I'm working on is the Meng TS-008, the cast turret version of the Renault FT-17. This kit differs from the latter Riveted Turret TS-011 in that is has the full interior details, whereas the newer kit is less detailed internally but comes with a plastic diorama base. I'd originally planned to do this one buttoned up on the display base from the other kit but the interior detail is a little to nice to hide (even if a lot gets hidden anyway).
I had built the engine and the transmission a while ago:
I still need to do some clean up work and sanding on those. And since I'm waiting on a couple of paint colours to come in this week I thought I'd get some more of the building work done.
The plan is to assemble the sub sections for the interior and get them prepped during the week for painting and weathering over the weekend. I'm not going to be going too crazy on them as I've seen some other build logs and seen how much gets hidden as the tank comes together.
I had to prioritize some wargaming projects (Flames of War EW Japanese Army & my Dust NDAK Force) over the past few weeks to be ready in time for Flamescon last weekend, so progress has been a little slow on this piece.
But after a few hours inbetween packing today I've made some headway on the interior.
Sides and bottom of hull in progress:
All the rest of the interior surfaces primed and base coated
And I've put together the running gear over the last few weeks. Never done anything like that before and they were a right pain in the ass sometimes but its done now.
All things going to plan I'll be dropping the engine in tonight and getting the interior weathering done.
Well due to a certain extremely large stash acquisition at work taking up every moment of my time these last 10 days, combined with moving house tomorrow unfortunately this build has had to go back into the box for a few days.
Had an absolute nightmare when I went to combine the engine, transmission and radiator sections- had part of the radiator back to front so this caused some dramas , frustration and damage to the paint work. Luckily I can use it as some unintended chipping effects. So once the move is complete and my epic new man-cave is set up it will hopefully be full speed ahead.