Nice progress K2.
Ive almost finished the pit. Need to give it a coat of clear, then a little bit of a wash to bring out some detail and add the HUD.
Another case of the mis-moulding on this kit. Putting together the rotary gun and there was a huge hole from one of the parts not fitting correctly. Nothing really to do but fill it up. I may throw in some styrene just to keep its mechanical look.
Well mien was a bit light, but for my interior I used Neutral Grey, XF56. The outside I haven't quite decided, but I'm thinking XF59 Desert Yellow, maybe blended with a bit of flat earth or something along those lines... will find out
I'm. Using Gunze Desert Sand. Probably use some Tamiya smoke for post shading.
Not a huge amount of progress. She will be ready to button up today and I need to stop procrastinating and finish the canopy masking.
I've finished the cannon assembly and it's looking pretty cool. Pics later.
Sorry for the fuzzy picture. Phone has trouble focusing on small parts. The canon has had stainless steel on the mount and iron Mr Metals on the actual gun. The iron buffs really nicely to look more like dirty steel. I'll clear coat this and then add some different washes to it.
All the other sub assemblies ready for primer which I sprayed this morning
and then started gluing in the engine, and then cockpit in preparation for closing up the 2 halves.
A small pin gets added to the tail fin for the rear propeller. Would have been just like me to forget it, but not this time
2 halves ready to join up
And she's starting to look like a cobra. I was quite surprised she fit together reasonably well. I would'nt say it was "Like a glove" but I've had some newer kist with worse fitting.
I have already sprayed the intakes around the engine with Gunze Aqueous Sand Yelly, so I will be putting down some white tack to cover these holes while I paint the rest. If I can get the canopy masked today I will be happy.
Nice progress there K1 - you did better than me, I forgot the engine when I glued it up!! I had to pry apart the bottom halves, and push it up into place... wasn't pretty I tell you, but eventually managed to get it in, and then glue it all on again. With any luck I'll be putting the first coats on tonight.
I'll have to get a pic tonight, but I did manage to bring it up a bit. I did some sanding along the edges, and a bit of scraping along the top of the skids which connect in, yes there was still a bit of a gap, but I managed to bring it right in.. I'll have to get a pic tonight.
Looking at the photos on the previous page there's supposed to be a hole around the skids where they go into the body, but not the horizontal slot.
Is that as good as the fit gets? I'd be hacking away at the body to try and get the skids sitting higher.
Nice Lucas. There's a joke in here about "compensating"
How'd the paint come out K2? Plenty of time this weekend for some day pictures after warbirds.
I just put the skids on this morning. A little bit of sanding will not be required in that area, but it's not too bad. Also put on the canopy. Will wait for that to dry properly before sorting out seem lines and gaps. No pictures either at the moment.
Well I did pre-shading in Tamiya flat-earth. Wasn't very tidy with it on purpose lol. I then sprayed with the Desert Yellow (note I didn't use primer). It's come up quite dark, which is perfect for my build, as it's a darker yellow colour. For the American colours, I think it would be a bit lighter... This is the best pic I am able to get lol - just as a preview.
Post shading to come, maybe just some washes for that...
What do you think about the Weapons Kane? the rocket tubes? I can only see them being painted separate at first, and then put together... But I'm not too sure as it goes together quite weirdly. Also the Rocket pod have been posted yesterday - sorry mate, been shockingly busy, and keep forgetting!
I have a rather large gap underneath with the skid base - but I am not bothering to fix that up lol. Also the engine exhaust is going to be a paint to get perfect... so will leave it as I have done it... I know, not perfect, but this build was never going to be lol.
Hi guys, might need some collective knowledge on this build...
I'm looking at the painting of it now, I have the main body done, but looking at the rotors and missile pods (the smaller ones).
I have found quite a good walk around for the Israeli Cobra (the one I am building) and there are a few questions I have. The Rotos appear to be black under the whole side of it? The missile pods, the have like a black cap at each end of the green tube... I have also seen some in the tan colour. Which would be better? Also wondering what the centre part of the main rotor should be? I have seen some in the tan body colour, and some in a dark, blackish colour?
Any help would be great.
is the link to the walk around
Spent some time this afternoon at the bench. A few days ago I had painted the glass as the internal colour, and also painted some seams as well to highlight areas I needed to work on.
There was a fairly big gap between the cockpit glass and the fuselage I had to fill
I decided to paint the TOW tubes olive green. These were hand painted and will need another coat. They seem to come in different colours from photos I have seen. I wanted to change things up a little and not have everything desert yello.
I also masked off the leading edges of the main rotor blade.
Next was all the little additional aerials and the cable cutters, as well as the pitot tube. Im sure the end of this swings and might warrant cutting off and re-positioning as the helo will be powered down.