Fokker Dr. 1 Triplane in 1/48 by Eduard.

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
More
9 years 4 months ago #31 by Geek44
Thanks Weldingrod. I think it's in the 'not bad' category. I think the camera is my friend in some ways :lol: . There are certainly things I'd do differently on the next one but surprisingly I'm unsure exactly what 'the next one' is going to be this time. I have a number of lovely kits in the stash but none of them are calling loudly yet.
Peace.

The heavens were the grandstands and only the gods were spectators. The stake was the world, the forfeit was the player's place at the table, and the game had no recess. It was the most dangerous of all sports and the most fascinating. It got in the blood like wine. It aged men forty years in forty...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #32 by Bishop
As expected a little beauty and a good airfield base to boot. I really like it mate. I have to agree with these, they're very small when you build them. 1:24 I reckon.

Amateur plastic surgeon!

More
9 years 3 months ago #33 by Geek44
Cheers Bish. I reckon 1/24 might be great until you start building the bigger types...check out the Gotha G.IV and the FE.2bs by Wingnuts...they'd be huge in 1/24.
Peace.

The heavens were the grandstands and only the gods were spectators. The stake was the world, the forfeit was the player's place at the table, and the game had no recess. It was the most dangerous of all sports and the most fascinating. It got in the blood like wine. It aged men forty years in forty...

More
9 years 3 months ago #34 by Gary
Lovely little bird the Nick.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• prop duster
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • My models are what they are, so there
More
9 years 3 months ago #35 by prop duster
Replied by prop duster on topic Re: Fokker Dr. 1 Triplane in 1/48 by Eduard.

Geek44 wrote: Cheers Bish. I reckon 1/24 might be great until you start building the bigger types...check out the Gotha G.IV and the FE.2bs by Wingnuts...they'd be huge in 1/24.
Peace.

1/24! OMG

Great job of work on the Fokker

Now you can officially go proudly flying around the room making the puckity, puckity, rat-tat-tat, rat-tat-tat sounds. ;)

Steve
File Attachment:

More
9 years 3 months ago #36 by Geek44
Now you can officially go proudly flying around the room making the puckity, puckity, rat-tat-tat, rat-tat-tat sounds. ;)[/quote]

Jeez I've been doing that for years. :blink:
Peace.

More
9 years 3 months ago #37 by Bishop
I do that with the tanks, rumbling through the air.... my kids think I'm nuts and tell me off.... doesn't stop me though lol

Amateur plastic surgeon!

More
9 years 3 months ago #38 by Geek44
Yeah? Yesterday when I did it with my Triplane, my partner asked if I was drunk!! :dry:
Peace.

• prop duster
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
9 years 3 months ago #39 by prop duster

Geek44 wrote: Yeah? Yesterday when I did it with my Triplane, my partner asked if I was drunk!! :dry:
Peace.

Yeah, Drunk,
DRUNK with (plastic) POWER!... Muhahaha

gotta go-see ya

Steve
File Attachment:

More
9 years 3 months ago #40 by Geek44
Haha. I would have been but while I was doing it the prop fell off :oops: .
Peace.

More
9 years 3 months ago #41 by Maarten
Replied by Maarten on topic Re: Fokker Dr. 1 Triplane in 1/48 by Eduard.
Excelent ,
And a great job on the laminated propeller

'' I could sense things were about to kick off, so I got out of there !''

• prop duster
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
9 years 3 months ago #42 by prop duster

Geek44 wrote: Haha. I would have been but while I was doing it the prop fell off :oops: .
Peace.

it never fails.......

Steve
File Attachment:

More
9 years 3 months ago #43 by Geek44

Maarten wrote: Excelent ,
And a great job on the laminated propeller

Cheers mate. That's the one that fell off. :lol:
Peace.

Moderators: AndrewTony LeeGary