1. What would’ve been used by the Third Reich if the war hadn’t ended in ’45 but carried on into ’46? Build your take on it, be it land, air or sea. Some German “Wunderwaffe” or just an upgraded Panther? You decide…
2. Entry should be of an Aircraft, Vehicle, AFV or Ship that could have been used in German military service durin’ a prolonged war that didn’t end in ’45. Here’s your chance to build those cool paper jets/panzers n’ get away with it.
3. All scales is allowed.
4. This is a opportunity build so please feel free to jump in at any time durin' the build.
5. After market addons is allowed.
6. Scratchbuilding is allowed
7. Multiple entries allowed.
8. Judging will be public, with a tiebreaker arranged if necessary.
9. Winner of the build gets braggin’ rights.
10. Your hosts for this build will be Andrew (Wehrmacht ’46), CyNaKyL (Luftwaffe ’46) and McCoy
I was hoping that a Panther ausf F or a E75 would do the trick...Nice work Gary and OD by the way. Just had an awesome thought. I've seen in 1/72 scale a model of a substantially altered Pz IV. Had sloping armour plate. Looked way cool!!
"The man is clear in his mind, but his soul is mad."
Mine's an old build and therefore doesn't count anyway, as for ruling out Sci-Fi, surely by it's nature it's all Science Fiction, that's why they are called Paper Panzers cos they didn't exist. Face it Mark your Panther is Science Fiction, I bet you feel unclean now
'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
I'd been giving this more thought, and I had a look at the stash at what I could use, instead of buying a new kit and I've decided to go with a DML King Tiger late production (#6232). I'll be adding IR gear, and maybe some sort of reactive armour protection
It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.
That Coelian is cool, I've always liked the flakpanzers, especially the coelian and kugelblitz. In fact, if I can find the funds I plan on trying to get the e50 or 75 flakpanzer from trumpeter for the wehrmacht part of the group build (if not either of those 2 then the e100 salamander stug instead). As for the Luft'46 part I've got either of the Dragon HO229's I can build or the hobbyboss me262a1/u4 that I could build as a production bird.
In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!
People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....
Thanks the Kubelblitz will be done in the next month, once I add the Thoma shields (in the next order from Historex).
Not though a Panzer 46 as te latest evidence suggests at least two saw combat.
Instead going for a Slamander now the IR set is available.