Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Queeg
  • Queeg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago #1 by Queeg
E-100 Tank Destroyer Krokodil was created by Queeg
Been watching the various E-100 builds in the big boy armour section so thought I'd chuck this in too. I'd love to make one using this design in 35th ......

Brent

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Didn't touch it - NOT my fault ..........
houseofqueeg.wordpress.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• F1xena
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • If only I could build kits at the pace I buy kits!
More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by F1xena
Replied by F1xena on topic E-100 Tank Destroyer Krokodil
That is cool. What a beast! Like the rear shot the best. Very nice indeed.

More
7 years 4 months ago #3 by Maarten
Replied by Maarten on topic E-100 Tank Destroyer Krokodil
:woohoo: You are truly a MASTER in the small scale armour ,got any in 135 ?

'' I could sense things were about to kick off, so I got out of there !''

More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by Bishop
Replied by Bishop on topic E-100 Tank Destroyer Krokodil
Beautiful build. It does lose the sense of massive size in this scale. You need to grab a 1:35 scale one. You'd knock it out of the ball park.

Amateur plastic surgeon!

• Queeg
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5 by Queeg
Replied by Queeg on topic E-100 Tank Destroyer Krokodil

Maarten wrote: :woohoo: You are truly a MASTER in the small scale armour ,got any in 135 ?

Only this and it's not finsihed. Got plenty of 1/48th though ...........

File Attachment:

Bishop wrote: Beautiful build. It does lose the sense of massive size in this scale. You need to grab a 1:35 scale one. You'd knock it out of the ball park.

Yeah, with bigger pics though it looks every bit as massive .... when you drop the size down to 900px and fit the whole thing in it does smal it up a bit lol

F1xena wrote: That is cool. What a beast! Like the rear shot the best. Very nice indeed.

Thanks - I checked out your car thread and they're really nice builds too .........

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Queeg.

More
7 years 4 months ago #6 by Bishop
Replied by Bishop on topic E-100 Tank Destroyer Krokodil
Come on, show us the rest of it. That's superb chipping.

Amateur plastic surgeon!

• Queeg
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago #7 by Queeg
Seriously that's about it, the turret is about 80% done (it's the Hummel based FSV I showed in my intro thread), the rest is only at the white wash stage. I stalled as I need some decals, luftwaffe and modern Bundeswehr ........ I could start yet another build thread, although I think I may have too many in too short a time as it is ..... I was originally intending to slip in here quietly !

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
7 years 4 months ago #8 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic E-100 Tank Destroyer Krokodil
Don't hold back :woohoo:

We're enjoying seeing your stuff B)

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

More
7 years 4 months ago #9 by Tiger
Replied by Tiger on topic E-100 Tank Destroyer Krokodil
More please :whistle:
Pretty neat builds you have.
Dave

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
7 years 4 months ago #10 by CyNaKyL
Replied by CyNaKyL on topic E-100 Tank Destroyer Krokodil
Having seen some shots of it now, I actually prefer the shape of your Krokodil E100 TD to the Trumpeter one, it looks a lot more "realistic" and functional. If only someone could do a styrene 1/35 version, I would be a happy man!

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

• Queeg
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago #11 by Queeg

CyNaKyL wrote: Having seen some shots of it now, I actually prefer the shape of your Krokodil E100 TD to the Trumpeter one, it looks a lot more "realistic" and functional. If only someone could do a styrene 1/35 version, I would be a happy man!

Not wanting to start a Cromwell Models supply debate as I'm sure you've all run across them, but I'll talk to Gordon about the chances of even a conversion kit in 1/35th .... He seems to be sticking to 1/72nd at the moment though.

Brent

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
7 years 4 months ago #12 by CyNaKyL

Queeg wrote: Not wanting to start a Cromwell Models supply debate as I'm sure you've all run across them, but I'll talk to Gordon about the chances of even a conversion kit in 1/35th .... He seems to be sticking to 1/72nd at the moment though.

TBH, I could be wrong but I think this might be the first Cromwell model I've seen on KM. Most of the armour modellers on here tend to stick with 1/35 so we haven't had a huge amount of exposure to the smaller stuff.

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

• Queeg
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #13 by Queeg

CyNaKyL wrote:

Queeg wrote: Not wanting to start a Cromwell Models supply debate as I'm sure you've all run across them, but I'll talk to Gordon about the chances of even a conversion kit in 1/35th .... He seems to be sticking to 1/72nd at the moment though.

TBH, I could be wrong but I think this might be the first Cromwell model I've seen on KM. Most of the armour modellers on here tend to stick with 1/35 so we haven't had a huge amount of exposure to the smaller stuff.

Hmmmm ...... lol

Cromwell have been around for years (20ish) and started with resin 1/35th kits. They had a fantasic range of Churchills and moderns, then branched into 1/35th late and paper designs. Then the big companies started bringing out plastics of similar subjects and that always kills off large specialty resin kits. Most of the new stuff in the last 4 or 5 years has been aimed at 1/72nd gamers and paper panzer buffs though.

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Queeg.

More
7 years 4 months ago #14 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic E-100 Tank Destroyer Krokodil
This is not so good, gossip mongering or any truth to it?
www.facebook.com/pages/Cromwell-Models-c...ints/324422457600569

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• Queeg
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago #15 by Queeg

Gary wrote: This is not so good, gossip mongering or any truth to it?
www.facebook.com/pages/Cromwell-Models-c...ints/324422457600569

Truth.

As I mentioned I don't want to get into a big slanging match or debate. There's a ton of adverse (and a few good) threads out there on the big boy modelling sites. I have no tie in with Cromwell or Gordon btw apart from having quite a few of their 1/72nd pieces. He does email me updates on new things occaisionally but thats about it.

Usually posting a Cromwell kit sees the thread erupt into web violence ............ add to that there's a Panzer 46 group on facebook who produce similar what if gaming kits, and they hijack Cromwell model posts and forums regularly.

It can get very tiring when all really all most of us want to do is model ........

Brent

More
7 years 4 months ago #16 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic E-100 Tank Destroyer Krokodil
It's all good, not here to judge, I rather believe first hand experience from our own members than some random people I don't know and therefore don't know what axes they have to grind.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• Queeg
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago #17 by Queeg

Gary wrote: It's all good, not here to judge, I rather believe first hand experience from our own members than some random people I don't know and therefore don't know what axes they have to grind.

Didn't think you were judging at all mate. It's good to get it out there and let people know about supplliers, the good and bad experiences.

There are ways to assist in getting an order fufilled though. The 1/72nd stuff can be ordered from Tracks n Troops, they are stockists now. Basically if it's in stock you can be certain of getting it. The downside is from them it's pricey, way out of my range for example, but then I'm on a very tiny budget. The other thing I've heard (but can't confirm) is that Crowmell have recently started asking for payment upon signed reciept of delivery.

Tracks n Troops link
www.tracks-n-troops.eu/shop/index.php?ma...79qv3ugl2qs3ifccc6s7

I also have a copy of their latest pricelist. If anyone wants it flick me an email ..............

Brent

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
7 years 4 months ago #18 by CyNaKyL
I thought I recognised some of your kits from a finescale thread on the Panzer '46 facebook page. So they are yours then.... Very impressive for such small kits. Have you ever thought of doing some of the Dust kits that are available? I would love to get their 1/35 Konigsluther resin kit but at $400 USD approx, it's a bit out of my price range!

• Queeg
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
7 years 4 months ago #19 by Queeg

CyNaKyL wrote: I thought I recognised some of your kits from a finescale thread on the Panzer '46 facebook page. So they are yours then.... Very impressive for such small kits. Have you ever thought of doing some of the Dust kits that are available? I would love to get their 1/35 Konigsluther resin kit but at $400 USD approx, it's a bit out of my price range!

Lol Can't confirm or deny as I don't have or use Facebook. I'm one of the old and stubborn generation :side:

But yeah I'd love to have a crack at some Dust stuff, again price is a lot of my barrier. And tooooo much to model .... not enough time ..........

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary