Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks

TOPIC: Wally's 3rd Entry - 1/32 Revell RNZAF F4U-1A Corsair

Wally's 3rd Entry - 1/32 Revell RNZAF F4U-1A Corsair 5 years 10 months ago #31

• grunzter
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 173
Good stuff Wally,
No race to the end on this group build, I think you will have your RNZAF squadron complete before some of us have even finished some individual track links :P
Grant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wally's 3rd Entry - 1/32 Revell RNZAF F4U-1A Corsair 5 years 10 months ago #32

• Wally
  • Wally's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Wally
  • Thank you received: 360
My RNZAF squadron will never be complete but my new strategy for the GB comp is the old "scatter gun theory". As many entries as possible and surely one will win!!!! Tehehe.

Contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My preference - WW2 RNZAF & Pacific Theatre, Allied & Axis, ETO, Mediterranean, AFV & figures
I enjoy doing research

Wally's 3rd Entry - 1/32 Revell RNZAF F4U-1A Corsair 5 years 10 months ago #33

• Wally
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Wally
After Dullcote all that remained was final details and touch ups like attaching the windscreen and canopy, before which I moved the gunsight back towards the pilot a little. The windscreen is not the greatest of fits but the bullet proof glass looks good -

The cockpit, having responded so well to scratch built detail, has, in many ways, become the focus of the model, perhaps along with the "Daisy Cutter" bomb

Revell also provides clear wingtip lights which I filed out so as to embed some clear red & clear blue paint in back of them. The result is nice -

The blue worked even better. This shot shows off the starboard wingtip blue light real well -

I added aerial wire, pitot tube etc etc and NZ5286 is finished. I'm inclined to actually believe I have made a sow's ear into a silk purse!

This is not my "final five" post of entry photos. I will choose those from the 34 I took and post them separately.
Hey, we should have a prize for first across the finish line eh!!!!????
Gosh, I feel a 1/72nd scale PBY-5 Catalina 'Dumbo' diorama coming on ..... and maybe even a single-seater Hawker Fury conversion to RNZAF two-seater Hawker Hind trainer ... woohoo!
I've enjoyed this build heaps. It's allowed me to really scratch my scratch-building itch and, of course, it's for a very good cause - a WW2 veteran and his son. I greatly appreciate all the encouragement from you guys along the way. I'm looking forward immensely to handing the model over to the aircraft's pilot on 3 occasions in 1945 Allan Emett and his son Brenton.
Cheers
Wally.

Contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My preference - WW2 RNZAF & Pacific Theatre, Allied & Axis, ETO, Mediterranean, AFV & figures
I enjoy doing research

Wally's 3rd Entry - 1/32 Revell RNZAF F4U-1A Corsair 5 years 10 months ago #34

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
  • Thank you received: 426
Good job there, Wally. It certainly looks the bizzo.... I wish I could churn out kits as fast as you do but then I'm picking you have a hell of a lot more spare time than me.

What's the bet you are hanging out for the new tamiya 1/32 corsair? I for one will try to get the bubble canopy one when it's released to do as an RNZAF bird...

- Gaz

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

Wally's 3rd Entry - 1/32 Revell RNZAF F4U-1A Corsair 5 years 10 months ago #35

• Kiwimav
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No time to spare..too busy!!!
  • Thank you received: 516
I think you did an awesome job Wally on that "silk Purse" you put together...beautiful example of a well worn Kiwi Warbird...great detailing

Well done sir...your clients will be well pleased

d2

Update In Stash:
Lots of 1/35 Armor mainly WWII German and a few Modern British/American pieces, 1/32 Aircraft and 1/48 Aircraft. Aircraft chosen to replicate RNZAF and RAAF types through the years. Some RAF & USAF types exist also.

Wally's 3rd Entry - 1/32 Revell RNZAF F4U-1A Corsair 5 years 10 months ago #36

• Wally
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Wally
Cheers D2 and Gaz, I am the same, I'll be waiting for the F4U-1A/-1D version of Tamiya's Corsair and searching for a really special, hitherto un-modeled RNZAF aircraft to make it into. There's some evidence of really interesting RNZAF Corsair nose art and names that are not widely known and certainly don't appear on decal sets.

I enjoy doing research

Wally's 3rd Entry - 1/32 Revell RNZAF F4U-1A Corsair 5 years 7 months ago #37

• Wally
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Wally
Finally, a selection of photos from my almost forgotten 3rd entry, Revell's 1/32nd Corsair dressed up to the nines as NZ5286 -

and one for the road -

Cheers
Wally.

I enjoy doing research
  • Page:
Moderators: AndrewGaryTony Lee