Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:
Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks

TOPIC: Andrew's Pacific GB - The Perfect Invasion - Tinian 1944

Andrew's Pacific GB - The Perfect Invasion - Tinian 1944 6 years 1 month ago #31

• grunzter
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 173
Battle of the Sherman's soon to start :)
Long live individual tracks...
Grant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Andrew's Pacific GB - The Perfect Invasion - Tinian 1944 6 years 1 month ago #32

• Tiger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 938
Sounds like Jay is a top bloke. It's the sorting out of issues that counts and if it's not a problem to the supplier then you tend to go back.
And that's what it is all about.
Glad it all worked out for you.
Looking forward to some pics :-)
Tiger

Andrew's Pacific GB - The Perfect Invasion - Tinian 1944 6 years 1 month ago #33

• Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar Topic Author
  • Serial kit starter...
  • Thank you received: 591
Yeah, He even sent funds exceeding what it cost me to forward the goods on to the correct guy in Japan. Also has offered me free shipping on my next order from Tank Workshop for doing that too :)

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

Andrew's Pacific GB - The Perfect Invasion - Tinian 1944 6 years 1 month ago #34

• Tiger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 938
You can't ask for more than that.
That's awesome :-)
Tiger

Andrew's Pacific GB - The Perfect Invasion - Tinian 1944 6 years 4 weeks ago #35

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
This one is on the go again now. I'm ordering the transmission cover tomorrow from BNA, hopefully will be here by the weekend

The replacement part from TWS arrived, and is so much better :woohoo:

Currently working on the lower hull. I noticed the hull tub has warped slightly, so using styrene left from the sprues, I've made a couple spacers to push it square again. This results in a far nicer fit into the upper hull.

Will be working on this again later, hopefully with another update this evening
Attachments:

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

Andrew's Pacific GB - The Perfect Invasion - Tinian 1944 6 years 2 weeks ago #36

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
Update time

Well there isn't that much to update on this :S I've put this one to the side for now for some time out :blush: Am getting annoyed with the AM stuff not quite fitting

The trans cover arrived from BNA. Sadly it isn't a drop in fit, even though it specifies for DML kits :evil: I've had to do a bit of trimming, and alter some kit parts to get a better fit. I can't finalize the fit until I get closer to sealing upper and lower hulls together.

According to the PMMS review on the DML M4A2, there are 8 bolts on each side of the hull missing. I used the now redundant kit final drive to provide the bolt detail

I've started fitting the first parts of the TWS wading stacks. Even with the replacement part, fit isn't the best. I even gave it a hot water dip to try and get the shape better. Going to be a lot of fitting and sanding to get a good fit.

I now find that Academy do a M4A2 USMC Sherman in styrene with wading stacks. I should've just brought that :whistle: I still might yet :lol:
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: AndrewGaryTony Lee