Well just thought I'd show that not everything goes to plan while scratch building -so here's some of my rejects. These can be anything from bad build, practise pieces, burn-out bin jobs or whatever.
First up: ZiS PMZ-1
This was a pre-interweb build gone horribly wrong, only once connected was I able to find the relevant correct info - i.e. the info I had gave the wrong wheelbase so needed a new chassis plus other things, so preserve my limited remaining sanity this project got binned.
More to follow
and another project that has been in a "holding pattern" for the past 3 years or so - have never been happy with the chassis angles (mind you I can't find any suitable reference material to confirm/deny I'm right or wrong ) maybe I should just stop being anally retentive and just finish it
Scammell Scarab @ 24th scale
Cheers for having a gander.
As always feel free to offer words of wisdom on anything that doesn't look right, shoddy workmanship etc. - always good to see things through fresh eyes.
Cheers guys for the encouraging words.
Glenn - was thinking I really should finish the Scammell Scarab - like you say "no one would ever know", but best I finish a few other little bits laying around first .
PJ - I don't know if I could ever use the term 'craftsman' but thanks.
Anywho, here's another piece that is still laying around. Started this hull for a commission job @ 100th scale, however I managed to convince the client that 75th scale would be better and after some thought and arguement the build recommenced in 75th scale and this hull has been laying around ever since. Really should bin it as it takes up quite a bit of space . This was to be the master pattern for a fibreglass hull
The ship is the 'Tsesarevich', a pre-dreadnought era battleship. Designed and built in France for the Russian Imperial Navy:
Laid down - 1899
Launched - 1901
Completed - 1903
BU - 1924
Length - 118.5 m
Beam - 23.2 m