Road & Track - Our Wheels 1900 to Now. GB RULES.

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • 1/35th Battalion
  • 1/35th Battalion's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #1 by 1/35th Battalion
Road & Track - Our Wheels 1900 to Now. GB RULES. was created by 1/35th Battalion
The Main Points:
Build duration – 6 months
Start date – February 1st 2014
End Date – August 1st 2014

Open to ALL Scales.

The Group Build will include all Cars and Light Commercial Vehicles built from 1900 to Now.
This build will allow any model of a car or light commercial vehicle that fits into the time frame. Anything - Standard Production, Performance, Hot Rods, Race Cars, Prototypes, Vans, Utes/Pickups, Off-Roaders, Movie or TV Series identities. . .
IF you are modelling a vehicle or vehicles that actually existed, either as stage props, prototypes or as originally manufactured and/or modified, we would like to see evidence of that for the vehicle/vehicles you are entering for this GB. Perhaps a variety of photos in your initial build thread.
Otherwise - You may build anything from Out Of The Box all the way to Whatever modifications from original kit that you choose to make.
Other than that, how you present your finished work is entirely up to you!
Dioramas incorporating finished builds are welcome.

A $5 (NZ) entry fee is applicable and can be paid directly to our NZ bank account or via PayPal if you are outside of New Zealand (details below) Please take note of the reference to use when making a bank deposit.
Entry fee is for each entry that is entered in to the final (if you pay for two entries then you can enter two models). Sorry no refunds.
The entrants will be limited to members that have been here for 3 months or more and have made a minimum of 20 posts (this should eliminate outsiders and pros). There is however, a new exception to this rule. Entry may be accepted if you have been personally invited to participate by a Kiwi-Modeller member who at least meets the criteria above. You will still need to become a member here, which is free, to be able to create/post your build thread, and the entry fee is still applicable. I will need to have received notice of this invitation from the KM member that has extended it, noting to whom that invite was made and some form of introduction to that person.
Plus, I get to vet the entrants.

For completion of entry, the entrant must submit a minimum of 5 photos of the finished build to the designated finished GB gallery thread within 48 hours of the end date. Winner is chosen by the individual members voting.
Winner receives 80% of the prize pool, the remaining 20% going to Kiwimodeller.com for site costs.

A Group Build logo will be supplied on start day. Please print the logo off and add/put somewhere visible near your sprues/box photos prior to starting – and in at least one photo of every post you make thereafter.
You must post pictures of kit Box shots/Sprue shots BEFORE you start your build. Every time you post a photo or group of photos i.e. give us a progress update, please include the GB logo in to your photos (in just one photo per session will do) It must be the printed one, Not a Digital Image added to a photo. Post regular updates in to your own thread, if you want any comments removed just ask (trying to help avoid derailment) Updates don't have to be daily or weekly but we would like to be able to see a nice progress flow.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Please fire 1/35th Battalion or G1 a PM when you have paid your entry fee

On the Bench:
Tamiya 1/24 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI (1993 DTM) - "Built to Race" GB
Revell 1/24 '77 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 - getting the "Mad-Maxed" treatment - moving to the "Diorama" GB

Don't let someone dim your light simply because it's shinning in their eyes !
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by 1/35th Battalion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2 by Gary
Cleaned up the rules and moved/merged the posts, don't post in here please folks ;)
Here is the Logo you will need for the Group Build photo logs

Usual thing print off and put it in the photos that you take as you build etc.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: Andrew