Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
2018 is the Centenary of the formation of the Royal Air Force on the 1st of April, 1918. The build will run until February 1st 2019 and is open to any scale and any subject that represented the RAF, including aircraft, ground vehicles and equipment, or RAF personnel.
Ideally the model must be built in its entirety within the specified build dates and the build, but kits that have been part started can be entered at the discretion of the group build leader.
The build should be accompanied by a thread in the group build forum documenting regular progress. Post shots of your sprues or the current state of the build at the beginning of your thread.
By the end of the GB (and no later than 24 hours after the completion date) participants should post five pictures of the completed build in the GB completed builds thread.
There is no entry fee for the GB, but a donation for the upkeep of Kiwimodeller is always welcome.
Entrants who complete a build, post their completed pictures and reside in New Zealand will enter a draw to win a prize (Prize to be advised; one draw entry per person; entrant must reside in New Zealand to qualify for entrance in to the prize draw).
  • Page:
Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks

TOPIC: RAF 100 GB: Airfix 1-72 Jet Provost T.3

RAF 100 GB: Airfix 1-72 Jet Provost T.3 1 year 3 months ago #1

• Viperbuilder
  • Viperbuilder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 453
The Jet Provost T.3 is going to be my back-up build for this GB. From the builds I have seen of this kit so far, It looks a breeze and looks very tidy when done. I really only want to do an OOB build (without aftermarket accessories) with this kit to see what is achievable, but will likely add enhancements where required.

A quick dry fit of fuselage to wings showed an excellent fit. Next step will be to drill out landing lights in the nose and add clear plastic to the wingtip nav lights.

The intake on top of the nose will need to be re-done as this little sliver will get sanded off when the fuselage is joined together.
Clear plastic has been added to the nose and sanded flush as landing lights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

On the bench:
Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9

RAF 100 GB: Airfix 1-72 Jet Provost T.3 1 year 3 months ago #2

• shaunfletcher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 277
Sweet, perfect kit for an OOB entry for sure

RAF 100 GB: Airfix 1-72 Jet Provost T.3 1 year 3 months ago #3

• Viperbuilder
  • Viperbuilder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 453
Just a small update here as I have closed up the fuselage and dry-fitted the wings and tailplane to check the fit before the cementing of everything together. So far, the fit is looking good. I still have some painting and finishing to do on the bang seats and I have masked the interior of the central canopy piece to paint in an internal frame. Oddly. Airfix moulded in this frame to the exterior of the canopy piece but the frame has now been srcaped and sanded off, then polished out. The instrument panel required some trimming down to make it fit with the interior. Airfix has coloured the instrument panel as grey, although my online research suggests that the T.3 I.P.'s were all painted black and grey appears to have been introduced with the T.3A at some point. I have left the IP as grey for this build. The kit does not have a tail pipe so I've utilised a straw for this purpose to slot into the surrounding pipe fairing. And finally to this point I've sanded down the very prominent access panels under the wings that stood out like door steps. In the attached images you can the build updates and then follows some images of certain areas of the actual aircraft type.

[/u]

On the bench:
Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9
  • Page: