Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
2018 is the Centenary of the formation of the Royal Air Force on the 1st of April, 1918. The build will run until February 1st 2019 and is open to any scale and any subject that represented the RAF, including aircraft, ground vehicles and equipment, or RAF personnel.
Ideally the model must be built in its entirety within the specified build dates and the build, but kits that have been part started can be entered at the discretion of the group build leader.
The build should be accompanied by a thread in the group build forum documenting regular progress. Post shots of your sprues or the current state of the build at the beginning of your thread.
By the end of the GB (and no later than 24 hours after the completion date) participants should post five pictures of the completed build in the GB completed builds thread.
There is no entry fee for the GB, but a donation for the upkeep of Kiwimodeller is always welcome.
Entrants who complete a build, post their completed pictures and reside in New Zealand will enter a draw to win a prize (Prize to be advised; one draw entry per person; entrant must reside in New Zealand to qualify for entrance in to the prize draw).
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAF 100 GB: Hasegawa 1-48 Seaking HAR.3

RAF 100 GB: Hasegawa 1-48 Seaking HAR.3 1 month 1 day ago #1

• Viperbuilder
  • Viperbuilder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 389
I'll open my account with Hasegawa's Seaking, which I originally intended to build in the Helicopter GB a few years back but decided otherwise when I sponsored that GB. The kit is quite basic inside and doesn't have an interior south of the cockpit bulkhead. I want to create an interior immediately behind the cockpit and open up the crew access door. I'm not sure about doing a full interior in the rear at this point because it will be a lot of work and would lead to the cargo door being opened, which is moulded shut on the kit.

I've started by adding some of the windows appropriate for this variant of the Seaking but the next stage involves scratchbuilding an interior and removing the crew access door. This will take some time to do so it'll be a little while before I get to close the fuselage on this one.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

On the bench:
Airfix 1-48 P-40B
Airfix 1-72 P-40B

RAF 100 GB: Hasegawa 1-48 Seaking HAR.3 1 month 1 day ago #2

• Hadley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Will be watching is one Steve :-)

In the build:
1/24 His & Hers Subaru diorama
1/48 Kamov KA-50 Hokum
On hold:
1/24 Hughes 500C
1/48 V-22 Osprey

RAF 100 GB: Hasegawa 1-48 Seaking HAR.3 1 month 21 hours ago #3

• Fritz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Cool! Watching this as well.

In Progress:
Tamiya 1/48 F-117A

Completed:
Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M

Have a geez at my FlickR page
www.flickr.com/photos/65989117@N03/

RAF 100 GB: Hasegawa 1-48 Seaking HAR.3 2 weeks 1 day ago #4

• IAN
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 404
Ahh memories....

REALLY looking forward to this one, Steve. (not surprising, eh ?)

Ian.
Attachments:

• Page: