• grover
  • grover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
More
4 years 1 month ago #1 by grover
1:48 F-4J - Phamous Jolly Rogers was created by grover
I'm starting the thread but it will be a couple oph months bephore I actually start the build. I was on the couch with a head cold today so I got the kit out to have a look.

Nos, since we have the same kit, and it comes with the markings phor two Phantoms phrom the same squadron, how about we each do a diphpherent one? Unless you were going down the AM route?

This kit comes in a big box. I can see why the Eduard releases boxes were huge.
File Attachment:

Glass looks nice and allows phor open or closed canopies.
File Attachment:

There are actually 3 diphpherent coloured sprues. Black are the engines, seats and wheels. Great detailing. I looked at the Eduard addons but I seriously don't think they are needed.
File Attachment:

Kane
On the Bench - Tamiya 1:48 F-117

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 1 month ago #2 by grover
Replied by grover on topic 1:48 F-4J - Phamous Jolly Rogers
There's also the instrument panels and phront shroud that come in black
File Attachment:

Decals are by Cartograph
File Attachment:

The white sprues are the undersides, weapons, pilots and gear.
File Attachment:

Kane

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 1 month ago #3 by grover
All other parts are grey. Interesting they have 2 noses, and multiple other parts, obviously phor diphpherent variants. Also, the outer wing tips are moulded separately as if there's the option for having them pholded, but I couldn't see any options in the manual.
File Attachment:

Yay!!! No centre seem lines. The detail is awesome too, but quite thin. I don't think I'll use a thick primer with this one
File Attachment:

Phinally the colour callouts and decal placements. There's also weapons callouts (4 options). I'll be doing mine all missiles.
File Attachment:

Kane

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
4 years 1 month ago #4 by CyNaKyL
Replied by CyNaKyL on topic 1:48 F-4J - Phamous Jolly Rogers
Nice Kane. The nose with the hole underneath is for the USAPH C and D variants. There are many other alternate bits to make all the diphpherent versions too. The J version had the beephier main gear and wing bulges like the USAPH C model compared to the earlier B. I've had a quick look at the C model I have and it is certainly a nice looking kit. The engineering seems to be better than the hasegawa kit and the detail is also a bit better, owing to the intervening years between the 2 kits.

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

More
4 years 1 month ago #5 by IAN
Replied by IAN on topic 1:48 F-4J - Phamous Jolly Rogers
Mmmmm VF-84... Many, many years ago (1981 ??), I bought my first Hasegawa 1:48 F-4J for £9.99 back then it was a brand-new kit and set the bar for all F-4 kits that followed. Look at the box art...

Familar wouldn't you say ?? - Looking forward to this one.

Ian.
Attachments:

• KitModellerNZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 1 month ago #6 by KitModellerNZ
Replied by KitModellerNZ on topic 1:48 F-4J - Phamous Jolly Rogers
Phar out! I'll be watching this one phor sure! Gotta love that one piece fuselage (a la Tamiya 1/32 series)!

More
4 years 1 month ago #7 by Xtr3meNZer
Replied by Xtr3meNZer on topic 1:48 F-4J - Phamous Jolly Rogers
Academy better than Hasegawa?? What?? lol. I do quite like the look of my one as well, so might have to take some close up shots, it looks pretty good.

Your kit looks good mate, the dials and cockpit details looks quite intricate, and that's pretty awesome not having a seam line down the middle. That's always something that got me when they engineer these kits... why don't they have the join lines on panel lines... To me, it makes sense...

Anyways, I know you wont be starting this phor a phew weeks, but will be good to see it coming together.

More
4 years 1 month ago #8 by IAN
Replied by IAN on topic 1:48 F-4J - Phamous Jolly Rogers

Xtr3meNZer wrote: Academy better than Hasegawa?? What??

Thirty years between the kits, K2... progress and all that.

Ian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xtr3meNZer

More
4 years 1 month ago #9 by Bishop
Replied by Bishop on topic 1:48 F-4J - Phamous Jolly Rogers
Academy have finally pulled their finger out, stopped ripping off old Tamiya kits and have started to make some very fine offerings. This is certainly the case in the armour department.

Amateur plastic surgeon!

More
4 years 1 month ago #10 by Nosferatu
Replied by Nosferatu on topic 1:48 F-4J - Phamous Jolly Rogers

grover wrote: .Nos, since we have the same kit, and it comes with the markings phor two Phantoms phrom the same squadron, how about we each do a diphpherent one? Unless you were going down the AM route?

I am hoping to do this but it may be a wee while away.So go with which ever scheme you like K1..I will work around you and do something diphpherent...in saying that I wouldnt mind doing a "Jolly Rogers" Aircrapht at some stage...but I may wait till the AMK or Tamiya Tomcat phor that! Not bothered either way! Its a good looking kit huh!

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 1 month ago #11 by grover

Nosferatu wrote:

grover wrote: .Nos, since we have the same kit, and it comes with the markings phor two Phantoms phrom the same squadron, how about we each do a diphpherent one? Unless you were going down the AM route?

I am hoping to do this but it may be a wee while away.So go with which ever scheme you like K1..I will work around you and do something diphpherent...in saying that I wouldnt mind doing a "Jolly Rogers" Aircrapht at some stage...but I may wait till the AMK or Tamiya Tomcat phor that! Not bothered either way! Its a good looking kit huh!

We can both do a Jolly Rogers, one of us do 211 and one do 212? I'll be a while before I start and would even look at starting with you doing a dual build. I'd even bring it to Armistice if you were going to have them sitting side by side :)

Kane

More
4 years 1 month ago #12 by Nosferatu
Replied by Nosferatu on topic 1:48 F-4J - Phamous Jolly Rogers

grover wrote:

Nosferatu wrote:

We can both do a Jolly Rogers, one of us do 211 and one do 212? I'll be a while before I start and would even look at starting with you doing a dual build. I'd even bring it to Armistice if you were going to have them sitting side by side :)

Could be a plan! ;)

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"

Moderators: Andrew