Well I have been very sick over the last week, but finally had some energy to get into some modelling yesterday. Very close to finishing, gotta do some oil streaking underneath and on top in certain places. Then flat coat and the yellow stripes, and final decals. Couple of pics. The tail decal did not go on very well... ruined the tail detail actually but what can you do...
Very nice K2.
Sorry to hear you've been sick - I was wondering where you'd got to - I hope you're on the mend now.
As Nos said, decals sure can be a prick. I find they're the one thing that I really don't have much control over and I just have to do the best with what I've got. One day I'll try the Lacquer thinner trick - apparently when sprayed on troublesome decals the decal film dissolves and it magically conforms to all the surface contours. I've never been game to try it.
I actually use Tamiya Extra Thin cement applied sparingly, on really troublesome decals. Sucks them down over ANYTHING. The only trick is, apply a little to the area and then LEAVE IT ALONE. If you try and adjust or touch anything, the decal will spontaneously combust (well, turn into a puddle of mush at least).
On The Bench
Eduard/Hasegawa 1/72 Liberator GR.V
Tamiya 1/48 Martlet IV conversion