Phirst part of the colouring was the exhaust metal area - I played a round with it a bit, giving it a bit oph a varied tone - Might mask off some, and do some panels separately - to give it a bit more variation.
Hard to get pics - but here we are. I will be adding to this section of the aircraft with some more weathering etc - but That will come after I think (weathering powders etc)
Update though - I have finished off all the stores I am going to have on this bird, just the fuel tanks. I have also completed all the landing gear, bay doors and the wheels - So tonight I will be putting the airbrush through it's paces getting these little bits done.
First step - the wheel bays, and landing gear - anything that's white. Then will get it closed up and then time for the main paint colour
Sorry for the boring update, but it's looking like it shouldn't be too fr away - hopefully end of next week she will be done then on to one of my last GB's that I plan on doing before Armistice!
Well got on to some spraying last night - phirst oph was black basing all the landing gear, bay doors and the phuel tanks I will be attaching. No weapons on this one, was only used like this, with this livery at RIAT 2008.
Then I layed down some white on them all - apart from the tanks, they're going to be the green
Some pics - they don't show the slight shading very well due to the lighting, but you can still kind oph see it. I phorgot to include the actual landing gear... but you get the gist of it.
I realise looking at these pics that there is ejector marks all over the gear doors... but I'm not too bothered with it, only because they're going to be under the aircraft, and you wont be seeing them very clearly once it's all displayed in the cabinet
This is coming together nicely. I look phorward to seeing the rest coloured in.
As phor the ejector marks, I've lepht a hundred of them underneath my Superbird model - sum tings just ain't worph da hassle.
I got my Phujimi Phantom out phor a phondle this morning - too many projects - I must resist.
Phirst lot oph paint on last night. I'm not overly happy with how it's gone down... and being my phirst time doing it by phree-hand, I don't think it's too bad... just could have been a bit more even... but that's ok - Hellenic birds are notoriously dirty.
A cruddy photo as an example, I have asked the wiphe to take some better pics later in the day when the suns out.
Okay - so she forgot to take some daylight pics... and I asked her to again this morning, so here's hoping!!
Some night time with my lamp pics - not the greatest...
I have fixed up the lighter green so it's less patchy (was far too patchy and uneven). Also have clear coated it, hence the shine. I also peeled off the masking I done on the rear, and I am very happy with the result! no paint leaks or anything! Whoo!!
So now it's on to maybe another coat of clear tonight, and then this weekend might look at some decals before I start weathering
Thanks guys - I haven't been online, or modelling lately... bit of a modelling mojo hiccup... but forced myself into it last night, and quite happy with my first attempt at post shading. I started this last week, lost heart when it didn't go as well as planned (and the damn airbrush tip blocking up after almost every panel )... But I got there in the end, and I'm pretty happy with my first attempt.
Tonight I will start decalling underneath the aircraft body... before I use a wash and start weathering with some oils.
Big thanks to Ian, who took the time to write out a lot of information for me, and helped me with some great hints/tips and techniques
Anyways, one pic here of the effect I achieved (this has actually dulled down a bit once I put the clear coat over the top)
Well - again, not a whole heap of progress, but it's getting there. Decals almost done, all are done underneath and I am almost done on the top section now. Actually not a huge amount - so that's a bonus.
The big yellow stripes will not be done until the very end, and even then, I think I am going to paint them. Looking at the pics, they're very clean, as with the markings on the side, and the tail (that decal is looking scary.. and hopefully will conform ok)