Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

Operation Desert Storm 25th Anniversary

January 17th 2016 will mark 25 years since the US-led Coalition began airstrikes in a prelude to boots on the ground to force the withdrawal of Saddam Hussein’s Iraqi forces from Kuwait. To mark the 25th Anniversary, we will be commencing a Kiwimodeller Group Build, beginning January 17th 2016, and finishing on the 15th of July 2016.
The build is open to any scale and any subject that played a role in Operation Desert Storm. This includes Iraqi forces. The model must be built in its entirety within the specified build dates and the build should be accompanied by a thread in the group build forum documenting regular progress. Post shots of your sprues at the beginning of your thread.
By the end of the GB (and no later than 24 hours after the completion date) participants should post five pictures of the completed build in the GB completed builds thread. There is no entry fee for the GB, but a donation for the upkeep of Kiwimodeller is welcome The winner of the group build will be decided by popular vote.
Voting will run for the week following the 15th of July, ending Midday the 22nd of July. A deadlock will be decided by a separate run-off vote.

TOPIC: Italeri 1/35 M978 U.S. Heavy Fuel Tanker ***Finished***

Italeri 1/35 M978 U.S. Heavy Fuel Tanker ***Finished*** 2 years 5 months ago #91

• Glenn
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 528
Very nice work :)
TOP JOB :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Von Drinkoften

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Italeri 1/35 M978 U.S. Heavy Fuel Tanker ***Finished*** 2 years 5 months ago #92

• Bishop
  • Thank you received: 1599
Oh so nice, spot on Von D. Oh, and definitely the Tiger I

Amateur plastic surgeon!

Italeri 1/35 M978 U.S. Heavy Fuel Tanker ***Finished*** 2 years 5 months ago #93

• Tiger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 938
That is fantastic, your weathering/attention to detail looks spot on. :woohoo:
This type of vehicle reminds me of something from Joe 90 or the Thunderbirds ;)
Really good job VonD

I'm with Bishop, go with the Tiger :woohoo:

Italeri 1/35 M978 U.S. Heavy Fuel Tanker ***Finished*** 2 years 5 months ago #94

• Von Drinkoften
  • Von Drinkoften's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 496
Cheers for the positive comments guys. I need to remove thumb from backside and get another cabinet assembled as I've not got anywhere to put it at present.
I'm keen on doing a Tiger before Xmas but need to get some replacement bits and pieces for it first.
I've already got spare track links and a metal barrel for the IS-3 so I'll probably make a start on that shortly instead.
Haven't decided though whether I should do it in standard Russian markings or be a little different and make it Egyptian instead.

Italeri 1/35 M978 U.S. Heavy Fuel Tanker ***Finished*** 2 years 5 months ago #95

• Xtr3meNZer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1165
Man that looks so good. You've really done a great job on the weathering and painting that's for sure. Surely a labour of love here mate, so good on you for sticking with it, the end result shows through!

Nice work mate, very awesome

Italeri 1/35 M978 U.S. Heavy Fuel Tanker ***Finished*** 2 years 5 months ago #96

• Von Drinkoften
  • Von Drinkoften's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 496
Cheers mate :)

Italeri 1/35 M978 U.S. Heavy Fuel Tanker ***Finished*** 2 years 5 months ago #97

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
  • Thank you received: 591
Nice finish VD!

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.
Moderators: Andrew