Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • IAN
  • IAN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #1 by IAN
Macchi C.202 was created by IAN
The four simultaneous builds I've been-on for a couple of months are drawing to a close now, so time to pull-out the first of my two GB projects.

I bought the Macchi four or five years ago off eBay, the seller mentioned that there were some extras included. What I ended-up with was a decal sheet (Sky decals, but for the C.205), a True Details resin cockpit, a Cutting Edge flexible resin seat harness and a full Eduard etch set... as well as the much acclaimed Hasegawa kit !!

Not long after I bought a set of Mike Grants' 'smoke rings' decals, then put the whole thing away, and basically forgot that it was there. Well here it is on the bench and here's the few references that I happen to have:

I've replaced the incorrect Sky decal sheet with the correct one, again bought from eBay a couple of weeks ago and as you can see I'm aiming for Ennio Tarantola's machine, with the kill markings on the fin and 'Dai Banana' logo on the nose. Never done an Italian WWII aircraft before but it isn't very far away from my normal 'comfort zone' and it looks to be a great little kit in the box. Will likely make a start in the next two weeks or so.

AFN

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Craig Sargent
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by Craig Sargent
Replied by Craig Sargent on topic Macchi C.202
Always like the lines of the Thunderbolt and you've even chosen my favourite Italian Squadron 51 Stormo, so look forward to seeing this one progress. Will be interested to see how Mike's smoke rings go - the decals that "ruined the hobby" - have heard nothing but good things baout them.

On The Bench
Hasegawa 1/48 OA-4M Skyhawk conversion
Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M Skyhawk

• IAN
  • IAN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by IAN
Replied by IAN on topic Macchi C.202

Craig Sargent wrote: Will be interested to see how Mike's smoke rings go - the decals that "ruined the hobby" - have heard nothing but good things baout them.

Ohhh yes I remember that furore. Only comment I ever contributed to that debate... "But doesn't it open-up the opportunity for those of us who haven't yet attained that level of dexterity with an airbrush ??" - Should have read the responses !!

Ian

More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by Wally
Replied by Wally on topic Macchi C.202
Nice subject Ian.

Contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My preference - WW2 RNZAF & Pacific Theatre, Allied & Axis, ETO, Mediterranean, AFV & figures
I enjoy doing research

• 1/35th Battalion
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
7 years 6 months ago #5 by 1/35th Battalion
Replied by 1/35th Battalion on topic Macchi C.202
Welcome aboard there me hearty. Arrr, more things to blow to smithereens then har . . . SAS Pirates :whistle:

Gonna be a goodun...

Looks like a nice wee kit. And some interesting markings for it too .. .
Look forward to seeing the results Ian. :cheer:

David

On the Bench:
Tamiya 1/24 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI (1993 DTM) - "Built to Race" GB
Revell 1/24 '77 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 - getting the "Mad-Maxed" treatment - moving to the "Diorama" GB

Don't let someone dim your light simply because it's shinning in their eyes !

Moderators: AndrewTony LeeGary