The Mighty Ape WW1 Modelling Competition: Exclusive discount

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Dave-MA
  • Dave-MA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 11 months ago #1 by Dave-MA
In association with Kiwimodeller and AK Interactive we are pleased to announce our second Virtual Modelling Competition. The theme this time commemorates 100 years since the beginning of the First World War and its a great way to get ready for Armistice in November.

This time there will be two parts to the competition and it will finish on the 31st October
  1. The Group Build
  2. The Model Showcase

The Group Build
If you're reading this then you're already in the right place for the first part of the competition. Simply start a thread here in the Mighty Ape WW1 Competition section of the Kiwimodeller forum detailing your chosen WW1 modelling project and share your progress as you build and paint the model..

You don't have to post daily or weekly updates but we would like to see a good flow of the modelling and painting work progressing. When you're model is complete be sure to post at least 3 images of the completed model and the group build participants will vote for their favourites after the closing date of 31st October.

We will also be providing spot prizes, specials and discount codes to the Group Build participants so we encourage you to check out and discuss all the projects.

The Model Showcase

Here is your chance to show off your completed projects on the Mighty Ape Hobbies Facebook Page , either from the group build or previously completed models. Either message us on facebook with photos of your completed kits or email them through, along with information about the kit and, if you like, a link to your group build thread.

These will be uploaded to the competition album and posted to our [url=https://http://www.mightyape.co.nz/blog/hobbies]Hobbies Blog[/url]. Each participant can submit up to 2 entries and with a maximum of 3 photos to be judged. Once the competition closes on the 31st October the Mighty Ape team and our special guest judges will select the winners.

Models must be from the First World War period and must be your own work, but they can be from a variety of different subjects such as aircraft, tanks, ships etc.

We will confirm the full details of the prizes up for grabs in the coming weeks but for now its time to get modelling!

UPDATE
Here's something to help get those projects started or finished off: 15% off AK Interactive at Mighty Ape

Use the code KMGROUPBUILD at the check-out and save 15% off all AK Interactive products. Minimum order size is $20 and the offer will end Friday 18th October.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Dave-MA. Reason: Adding discount info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Moeggo
Replied by Moeggo on topic The Mighty Ape WW1 Modelling Competition
Very Cool! I am sure that I can find a few things for the Showcase and I may even build something too!

• shaunfletcher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #3 by shaunfletcher
Replied by shaunfletcher on topic The Mighty Ape WW1 Modelling Competition
almost goes without saying that I will be entering this one!

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #4 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic The Mighty Ape WW1 Modelling Competition
Quick plug to bring it to the front of people's minds

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• shaunfletcher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #5 by shaunfletcher
Replied by shaunfletcher on topic The Mighty Ape WW1 Modelling Competition
Waiting to finish the d-day model first, but I expect to be making something based around the Emhar tank I have and tamiya figures.. probably 90% scratch for the whole thing though.

• Webby_NZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Trying to work more on completion over perfection.
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #6 by Webby_NZ
Replied by Webby_NZ on topic The Mighty Ape WW1 Modelling Competition
Sadly the timing sucked for me, Akl last week and overseas end of the month. At least ill get a Road and Track entry done.

Good luck to those who enter, plenty of cool new WWI subjects appearing on shelves.

Stand aside caffine, this is a job for alcohol.
Remember to subscribe at www.plamo.nz for latest news, updates and sales. Use KM5 for 5% off your purchase.
Don't forget to mention you found the site via KM so I can give back to the site.

• Dave-MA
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 11 months ago #7 by Dave-MA
Replied by Dave-MA on topic The Mighty Ape WW1 Modelling Competition
Here's something to help get those projects started or finished off: 15% off AK Interactive at Mighty Ape

Use the code KMGROUPBUILD at the check-out and save 15% off all AK Interactive products. Minimum order size is $20 and the offer will end Friday 18th October.

Now I just need to get a move on with my own project
The following user(s) said Thank You: CyNaKyL

More
5 years 11 months ago #8 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic The Mighty Ape WW1 Modelling Competition
Thanks again for organising this Dave :D

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
5 years 11 months ago #9 by Nosferatu
Replied by Nosferatu on topic The Mighty Ape WW1 Modelling Competition
Thanks Dave!!

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"

• Webby_NZ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Trying to work more on completion over perfection.
More
5 years 11 months ago #10 by Webby_NZ
Great discount offer you have there Dave.
Im assembling my order now :-)

but I have 1 question, why are the AK Modulation sets more expensive than buying the paints contained inside the set?
A set of 6 paints is $34.99 but those same 6 paints are $4.99 each.
And I know there is not a big guide or anything special in the box, just a brief guide on the back so it seems a little odd ...
and im assuming something set by your suppliers and out of MA's immediate control

Stand aside caffine, this is a job for alcohol.
Remember to subscribe at www.plamo.nz for latest news, updates and sales. Use KM5 for 5% off your purchase.
Don't forget to mention you found the site via KM so I can give back to the site.

• Dave-MA
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 11 months ago #11 by Dave-MA
Hey mate, yeah its one of those slightly weird little things which happens from time to time. In this case its because we had a massive order when we imported the full acrylic paint rack and weathering rack so were able to come down on the single paint price to have them in line with the Vallejo range at $4.99, when originally we had them at $5.99.

• Dave-MA
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 11 months ago #12 by Dave-MA
Hope everyone is doing well on their builds. As things turn out I'm moving house over the next several days so if final entries aren't ready till Sunday evening I won't notice ;).

More
5 years 11 months ago #13 by Gary
Sweet, not that I need extra time of course ;)

• shaunfletcher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 11 months ago #14 by shaunfletcher
I bloody do though ;)

This is very nice for me, as I would be gutted not to have my entry in. Thanks so much.

Moderators: Andrew