× The subject of this group build is the diorama, broadly defined. It is open to any scale, genre, medium, or subject matter: sci-fi, military, non-military, aircraft, ships, tanks, animals, historic scenes... whatever takes your fancy!

Formula 1 Museum

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Michaels Models
  • Michaels Models's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #1 by Michaels Models
Formula 1 Museum was created by Michaels Models
I have been think about a F1 museum for a couple of weeks now and still not sure exactly what the end result will look like yet.

From a cost point of view I am going to use only kits from my stash but I will be buying detail up parts and decals where needed.

The plan at this point is around 5 cars the run in order from 1976 to 1980. The idea being a snippet of years from a much larger display.

The all run the famous Ford DFV engine so by then end of the build I should be able to build the engine with my eyes shut lol

Michael

Cheers Michael

File Attachment:
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Michaels Models.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #2 by Powder
Replied by Powder on topic Formula 1 Museum
This should look great. There's a lot of variation in the cars that will make it really interesting.

Are you planning any extras? Like rope barriers, engines on stands, helmets, flags, memorabilia etc?
You could have a good clean out of your spares bin if you have one. :)

Years ago I planned to do a dio of a part of the Schlumpf Museum. Just a few Bugattis with a couple of lamp posts. I still have one 1/32 Airfix Bugatti in the stash and that's as far as I got... I'll find some more Bugs one day. :)

• Michaels Models
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 years 9 months ago #3 by Michaels Models
Replied by Michaels Models on topic Formula 1 Museum

Powder wrote: This should look great. There's a lot of variation in the cars that will make it really interesting.

Are you planning any extras? Like rope barriers, engines on stands, helmets, flags, memorabilia etc?
You could have a good clean out of your spares bin if you have one. :)

Years ago I planned to do a dio of a part of the Schlumpf Museum. Just a few Bugattis with a couple of lamp posts. I still have one 1/32 Airfix Bugatti in the stash and that's as far as I got... I'll find some more Bugs one day. :)

I have some grand plans but time will tell what I can pull of lol

Barrier ropes are a no, I hate when I go to a car display and cant walk around the cars lol Thinking more of a platform for each car.

Engine on a stand is a big possibility as I have 2 of the Williams FW 07 kits so that gives me a spare DFV engine.

Michael

Cheers Michael

File Attachment:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bishop

More
3 years 9 months ago #4 by Bishop
Replied by Bishop on topic Formula 1 Museum
This is such a great idea and a great selection too

Amateur plastic surgeon!

• 1/35th Battalion
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 years 9 months ago #5 by 1/35th Battalion
Replied by 1/35th Battalion on topic Formula 1 Museum
Welcome to the GB Michael. Good luck pulling it all together . . . .:silly: :P

On the Bench:
Tamiya 1/24 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI (1993 DTM) - "Built to Race" GB
Revell 1/24 '77 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 - getting the "Mad-Maxed" treatment - moving to the "Diorama" GB

Don't let someone dim your light simply because it's shinning in their eyes !

• F1xena
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • If only I could build kits at the pace I buy kits!
More
3 years 9 months ago #6 by F1xena
Replied by F1xena on topic Formula 1 Museum
"Barrier ropes are a no, I hate when I go to a car display and cant walk around the cars lol Thinking more of a platform for each car."

I know what you are saying! I went to the Donnington Museum a few years back. It was just amazing, but the ropes were driving me nuts. Fortunately I had the place pretty much to myself so was over the ropes taking photos more than I was in front of them.....nobody seemed to mind (or nobody knew....I never got told off!)

• Michaels Models
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago #7 by Michaels Models
Replied by Michaels Models on topic Formula 1 Museum

F1xena wrote: "Barrier ropes are a no, I hate when I go to a car display and cant walk around the cars lol Thinking more of a platform for each car."

I know what you are saying! I went to the Donnington Museum a few years back. It was just amazing, but the ropes were driving me nuts. Fortunately I had the place pretty much to myself so was over the ropes taking photos more than I was in front of them.....nobody seemed to mind (or nobody knew....I never got told off!)

Nice lol

Michael

Cheers Michael

File Attachment:

More
3 years 8 months ago #8 by Xtr3meNZer
Replied by Xtr3meNZer on topic Formula 1 Museum
This is going to be interesting, and will be watching :)

More
3 years 8 months ago #9 by Tiger
Replied by Tiger on topic Formula 1 Museum
Cool idea.
Great to see some of your work again when you post pics, beats tumble weed :silly: