× The subject of this group build is the diorama, broadly defined. It is open to any scale, genre, medium, or subject matter: sci-fi, military, non-military, aircraft, ships, tanks, animals, historic scenes... whatever takes your fancy!

Desert View Salvage

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Grant
  • Grant's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 years 1 month ago #121 by Grant
Replied by Grant on topic Desert View Salvage

Terry wrote: Brilliant stuff Grant. Is it just me or is someone else here thinking Breaking Bad? The only thing missing is Walt, Jesse, and Todd performing a good-old-fashioned railway robbery stealing 1,000 gallons of methylamine from a freight train....

:lol: One little vignette I considered building on the layout was the drug deal gone bad showdown from the beginning of No Country for Old Men.

grover wrote: Really nice Grant. By move it along do you mean sell it?

I'm in two minds at the moment. There is still lots I can do with this as it is a bit of a blank canvass for scenes and detail. I might keep working on it until late next year while I collect the stuff and plan for the Japanese layout. One thing I would like to work on with this is trees. The scene with the hill would look great with a stand of pines on top. Trees are one of the hardest thing to do convincingly in model railroading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #122 by Bishop
Replied by Bishop on topic Desert View Salvage
Great finish Grant. It looks as I’d expect that part of the world to. It reminds me a little of some of the areas I’ve lived in only without the red dirt.

Amateur plastic surgeon!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.