Built to Race
Start Date 30/11/2015
End Date 28/04/2017

The Build is open to all current members of KiwiModeller.
Open to ANY Scale of Model using any medium and any method of construction from OOB to complete Scratchbuilt.
ONLY Vehicles of four or more wheels, (excluding motorcycles and motorcycle-like vehicles (i.e. Quads and trike types)).
Depict ONLY motorised vehicles specifically designed and/or built to compete in any class of sanctioned motor racing events from any era, including Land Speed Record attempts. This may include Post Showroom modifications.
If possible, include written and/or photographic documentation of the vehicle/s you are depicting. Yes, we are looking to depict ACTUAL vehicles that have or do exist.
Artistic Bases/Dioramas are acceptable.
The model/s must be built in entirety within the specified build dates and the build should be accompanied by a thread in the specific “Built to Race” group build forum documenting regular progress. Post shots of your sprues, and documentation if you have any, at the beginning of your thread. By the end of the GB (and no later than 24 hours after the completion date) participants should post a minimum of five pictures of the completed build in the GB’s completed builds thread.
There is no entry fee for the GB, but a donation for the upkeep of Kiwimodeller is always welcome.

The winner of the group build will be decided by popular vote. Voting will run for seven days from the 28th of April 2017, ending Midday on the 5th of May 2017. A deadlock will be decided by a separate run-off vote.

Moderators for this GB are 1/35th Battalion (D1 – David) and one other person yet to offer their services.

Possible GB End Date extension ??

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • 1/35th Battalion
  • 1/35th Battalion's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #1 by 1/35th Battalion
Possible GB End Date extension ?? was created by 1/35th Battalion
Hi all you automotive builders that have entered the Built to Race GB.
How would everyone feel about extending the finish date out to December 11th or longer, just to allow some folks to get their builds finished or even started ;) . Yes the original idea was to have these completed before Armistice, and if you have done so that's cool, but some have asked for an extension.

General feelings here please ;)

I, for one, would be happy as that will allow me to get something completed. :P

David

On the Bench:
Tamiya 1/24 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI (1993 DTM) - "Built to Race" GB
Revell 1/24 '77 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 - getting the "Mad-Maxed" treatment - moving to the "Diorama" GB

Don't let someone dim your light simply because it's shinning in their eyes !
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by 1/35th Battalion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago #2 by Powder
Replied by Powder on topic Possible GB End Date extension ??
I have an idea for a 2nd GB entry but to get it done I might need the xmas hols. :)

More
4 years 1 week ago #3 by Xtr3meNZer
Replied by Xtr3meNZer on topic Possible GB End Date extension ??
I'm ok with it, being that I am now not coming to Armistice lol. Once I finish the Phantom though I will be finishing the Ferrari :)

More
4 years 1 week ago #4 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Possible GB End Date extension ??
I'd be keen to get something done.
As for Armistice we've actually added some new categories around Autos so it's worth bringing anything you got.
We're up to 26 different classes so bring your junk you might just win something :)

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
4 years 1 week ago #5 by Terry
Replied by Terry on topic Possible GB End Date extension ??
I wouldn't mind an extention to the finish date. My kart project still needs some work to get it finished, but my Tomcat project has priority for the coming month illogical as that sounds with the group build finishing today. Its all about maintaining my momentum, what there is of it! :blush:

More
4 years 1 week ago #6 by Glenn
Replied by Glenn on topic Possible GB End Date extension ??
Oh I need about 12months,mojo has been lost on this build :(

More
4 years 1 week ago #7 by hazenz17
Replied by hazenz17 on topic Possible GB End Date extension ??
An extension date is ok with me as I`m have trouble getting some RTV moulding rubber for casting my car body

The best thing in life are scratch built

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #8 by Powder
Replied by Powder on topic Possible GB End Date extension ??

hazenz17 wrote: An extension date is ok with me as I`m have trouble getting some RTV moulding rubber for casting my car body

There're possibly cheaper options around but Alumilite do a range of products for model makers:
www.mightyape.co.nz/product/alumilite-hi...ength-2-1lb/21932547
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by Powder.

• 1/35th Battalion
  • 1/35th Battalion's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #9 by 1/35th Battalion
Replied by 1/35th Battalion on topic DEFINITE GB End Date EXTENSION !!
DEFINITE GB End Date EXTENSION !!
OK, so I have made an executive decision. Lets stretch out the finish date to April 28th 2017. That is a Friday so will allow time to get the requisite photo's up over that weekend. :P An extra 6 months should have many of us over the line by then. :whistle:

David

On the Bench:
Tamiya 1/24 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI (1993 DTM) - "Built to Race" GB
Revell 1/24 '77 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 - getting the "Mad-Maxed" treatment - moving to the "Diorama" GB

Don't let someone dim your light simply because it's shinning in their eyes !
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by 1/35th Battalion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Powder

More
4 years 1 week ago #10 by hazenz17
Replied by hazenz17 on topic Possible GB End Date extension ??
There're possibly cheaper options around but Alumilite do a range of products for model makers:
www.mightyape.co.nz/product/alumilite-hi...ength-2-1lb/21932547 [/quote]

Thanks for that idea but the product I use is well under a third the price of that stuff

The best thing in life are scratch built

More
4 years 1 week ago #11 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Possible GB End Date extension ??
Do share old chap :) (or do you mean the stuff from the resin shop in Hamilton? )

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• Michaels Models
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 3 days ago #12 by Michaels Models
Replied by Michaels Models on topic Possible GB End Date extension ??
I love this... are yet to start a build and was thinking I would never get to enter one.

Big thumbs up for the extension :cheer:

Michael

Cheers Michael

File Attachment:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1/35th Battalion

Moderators: Andrew