Built to Race
Start Date 30/11/2015
End Date 28/04/2017

The Build is open to all current members of KiwiModeller.
Open to ANY Scale of Model using any medium and any method of construction from OOB to complete Scratchbuilt.
ONLY Vehicles of four or more wheels, (excluding motorcycles and motorcycle-like vehicles (i.e. Quads and trike types)).
Depict ONLY motorised vehicles specifically designed and/or built to compete in any class of sanctioned motor racing events from any era, including Land Speed Record attempts. This may include Post Showroom modifications.
If possible, include written and/or photographic documentation of the vehicle/s you are depicting. Yes, we are looking to depict ACTUAL vehicles that have or do exist.
Artistic Bases/Dioramas are acceptable.
The model/s must be built in entirety within the specified build dates and the build should be accompanied by a thread in the specific “Built to Race” group build forum documenting regular progress. Post shots of your sprues, and documentation if you have any, at the beginning of your thread. By the end of the GB (and no later than 24 hours after the completion date) participants should post a minimum of five pictures of the completed build in the GB’s completed builds thread.
There is no entry fee for the GB, but a donation for the upkeep of Kiwimodeller is always welcome.

The winner of the group build will be decided by popular vote. Voting will run for seven days from the 28th of April 2017, ending Midday on the 5th of May 2017. A deadlock will be decided by a separate run-off vote.

Moderators for this GB are 1/35th Battalion (D1 – David) and one other person yet to offer their services.

1/24 Evo V Superlap/Time Attack Racer - Andrews BtR Entry

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
More
4 years 3 months ago #31 by Xtr3meNZer
Nice work fitting the dash :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
More
4 years 3 months ago #32 by grover
Really nice start there Andrew. Looking forward to seeing you do the carbon fibre.

Kane
On the Bench - Tamiya 1:48 F-117

More
4 years 3 months ago #33 by Tiger
Looking good Andrew.
Nice dash fitting :)

• Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar Topic Author
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 3 months ago #34 by Andrew
Been making a little progress with this. Haven't had as much time at the bench as I'd like :S

I've finished the underside parts except the exhaust and they are ready to paint, I've sorted them into two lots, one for black primer/paint and the other will be getting white primer, then gloss white paint

I picked up a roll of 40mm masking tape to make the templates for the carbon fibre. I had a test run

I decided that I will prime the body before cutting the templates. I don't think the paint thickness will effect the sizing, but I don't want to risk it :whistle:

I've got some more goodies on the way for it too, more sponsor decals, an oil cooler, and a new seat :woohoo:

I'm working on the interior now, but am at a standstill until the seat arrives. I need to modify the kit seat rails, and cant do it until I can test fit the seat. I might do the exhaust tonight. Thinking of fabricating an external wastegate dump pipe too :whistle:

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
More
4 years 3 months ago #35 by grover
Very cool Andrew.

Kane
On the Bench - Tamiya 1:48 F-117

More
4 years 3 months ago #36 by Xtr3meNZer
Sweet :) extras look pretty good as well

• Michaels Models
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 3 months ago #37 by Michaels Models
Replied by Michaels Models on topic 1/24 Evo V Superlap/Time Attack Racer - Andrews BtR Entry
Really liking the extra detail your adding.

Michael

Cheers Michael

File Attachment:

More
4 years 3 months ago #38 by Nosferatu
Great work going into this Andrew..Keep it up!

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"

More
4 years 3 months ago #39 by Tiger
Nice seats Andrew

• Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar Topic Author
  • Serial kit starter...
More
4 years 2 months ago #40 by Andrew
I've been working on this on and off as the mojo has allowed. Enthusiasm comes and goes, the last few weeks haven't provided a lot of time for building models which hasn't helped.

I added the dump pipe for the external waste gate, made from 2mm styrene tube

I had to make new seat rails, shifting the seat forward from where it was moulded by Tamiya. I had to fill several ejector marks, plus the seat mount locators. I made a plate from 0.5mm plastic sheet for where I'll be mounting the shift lever and handbrake. I'll be added weld detail using stretched sprue around the plate.

I grafted a section of the WRC dash onto the RHD dash, to represent a kill switch and fuses etc for a race look :whistle:

New seat and oil cooler

Lower chassis parts painted satin black.

Lower chassis components painted Tamiya TS-26 Pure white. Some of these will be getting further detail painting

Suspension painted metallic green (TEIN suspension) Still have to paint the springs black

Brake discs painted silver, need to paint hubs and callipers

I also drilled the mounting points for the GT wing. Pretty happy how this has turned out. I've decided against making the boot carbon fibre. The shape is too complex and would take too much time to cut the templates and pieces

I've given up hope of finishing any of my Tomcats for that GB, so this, and my Mk V are on the agenda to finish before the house move.

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

More
4 years 2 months ago #41 by Tiger
Nice Andrew
That is awesome progress. Before you know it, it will all just come together.
Nice little touches with the dash detail and seat rails.

More
4 years 2 months ago #42 by Xtr3meNZer
Very cool, I like this. Often you see muscle cars being made, this is quite a refreshing change :)

• Michaels Models
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 2 months ago #43 by Michaels Models
Replied by Michaels Models on topic 1/24 Evo V Superlap/Time Attack Racer - Andrews BtR Entry
Nice work on the dash.

Did you buy the seats of are they from another kit? The finish on them is awesome, not like most that can be purchased separately.

Michael

Cheers Michael

File Attachment:

Moderators: Andrew