Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • McCoy
  • McCoy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Manager
  • Manager
  • 1:72 is the way to fly...
More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by McCoy
I know that I'm naggin' a lot now but I try to find out just how it'll be best to run the builds here at KM. The more builds at the same time we've got, the bigger the chance is to have a subject goin' that people like to join. The huge setback though is the possibillity of people who feel that all the builds is interestin' n' would like to join 'em all but can't due to 'em bein' to many builds at the same time. A possible way of gettin' it as smooth as possible is to have overlappin' builds. We could start a new build every month n' thus have a lot of overlappin' builds dependin' on the individual lengths of the builds. Or we can go with a minimum of two months between the buildstarts.

Thoughts n' comments please...

At my chaotic desk:

Airfix: Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 1:72
Heller: FW 190 A-5 1:24
Revell: F-104C Starfighter 1:72
AZ Model: TP-81 Grumman Goose 1:72
Tasca: Sherman Firefly Vc 1:35
DML: Panther D 1:35
Tamiya: Char B1 Bis 1:35
Tamiya: Cromwell Mk.IV 1:35
Tamiya: Sherman M4 Early 1:35

As I build slowly...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #2 by Gary
I can't see any reason why we can't be doing the following
1 x 12 Month
1 x 6 month
1 x 3 month
And the possiblity of another one at any one time, we want them to overlap so at any one time we could be working on up to 4 or 5 builds, just a thought.
Keeps the momentum going but it also has the potential to burn people out, as long as people remember that there's no pressure to join in the first place we should be ok.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Gary.

• Dean
  • I must do less research, I must do less research
More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by Dean
I don't see a problem with running multiples, not everyone builds the same thing. If there's not enough people for one the mod running it should be able to postpone it if need be.

My wife calls me a curmudgeon. I haven't looked it up but I assume it means "fun loving and free spirited" or some such twaddle. I inform and perform over at www.militarymodels.co.nz and stick my oar in here as well. My passion is WWII 1/35 armour but I'm coming around to liking the odd 1/32 thing...

Moderators: AndrewGaryTony Lee