Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by Gary
KM Group Builds was created by Gary
Hey folks, you should now be able to see a link on the left menu for the Group build calendar, it's a bit work in progress at the moment but it should get there. To be honest I can't see why we can't have multiple group builds running at the same time as long as we track their progress and stagger the start/finish times then people can pick and choose their topics and build accordingly.
So lets make some decisions about what we want to be doing, and don't forget if you suggest something and people like it then it's your baby and you can run it ;)

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dean
  • I must do less research, I must do less research
More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by Dean
Replied by Dean on topic KM Group Builds
That's pretty cool.

Who was running the ANZAC one ?

My wife calls me a curmudgeon. I haven't looked it up but I assume it means "fun loving and free spirited" or some such twaddle. I inform and perform over at www.militarymodels.co.nz and stick my oar in here as well. My passion is WWII 1/35 armour but I'm coming around to liking the odd 1/32 thing...

• McCoy
  • Manager
  • Manager
  • 1:72 is the way to fly...
More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by McCoy
Replied by McCoy on topic KM Group Builds
If there's a lack of people to run builds but not a lack or ideas I can step in if you like. I gather that not all that comes up with an idea will feel comfortable with the thought of runnin' it. I've got some experience in small scale when it comes to runnin' groupbuilds so it's a possibillity. But as Gary have stated it's up to the idea creator to run the build if he/she want to do it.

At my chaotic desk:

Airfix: Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 1:72
Heller: FW 190 A-5 1:24
Revell: F-104C Starfighter 1:72
AZ Model: TP-81 Grumman Goose 1:72
Tasca: Sherman Firefly Vc 1:35
DML: Panther D 1:35
Tamiya: Char B1 Bis 1:35
Tamiya: Cromwell Mk.IV 1:35
Tamiya: Sherman M4 Early 1:35

As I build slowly...

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #4 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic KM Group Builds
Hey Urban
I'm more than happy for you to take the slack if you don't mind mate. I'm just trying to involve the members a bit more and reduce the amount of "here's a great idea but I'm not going to do anything for it" that sometimes appears on different forums. I'm hoping that by getting the members more involved it will inspire them to actually finish the build they proposed and also drag others in so that they aren't the only ones making stuff.
But if as you say we get a lot of interest but the person who sugested it can't step up for one reason or another then you taking the slack would be great, you're already a moderator for the whole group build set of forums. I've made Andrew a moderator for the IDF Group build forum only (so if you see his name in Blue he's just moderating the IDF build and not a case of more chiefs than indians :D
Ah yes Urban while I remember, could you do me a big favour and go through that long "Biuld a Crappy model" group build post and seperate the builds in to seperate topics, I started yesterday with Grants Handley Victor K2 but I've not got much time at the moment to finish it and seeing as you're the chief Groupie ;)
Cheers bud
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 4 months ago #5 by CyNaKyL
Replied by CyNaKyL on topic KM Group Builds
Just another idea, would it be worth putting a sticky post inside each subforum stating the rules, who is/are running the group build etc...

- Gaz

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

More
8 years 4 months ago #6 by Bishop
Replied by Bishop on topic KM Group Builds
Urban's rather good at that too. Yes its very important to get the rules in place so people can have fun rather than get nasty

Amateur plastic surgeon!

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #7 by Gary
Yes and I also want to put the details in the actual calendar entry to.

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 4 months ago #8 by CyNaKyL
Replied by CyNaKyL on topic KM Group Builds
Agreed.... Perhaps to make things easier every GB could have a main moderator (ie the person who came up with the idea) and then an assistant moderator (if people think we need one...)

- Gaz

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

• Andrew
  • Serial kit starter...
More
8 years 4 months ago #9 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic KM Group Builds
I'm happy to run any GBs I suggest, and I'm fully keen to participate in others too B)

The key is to get everyone to participate and hopefully finish some builds ;)

I've never run a GB before, so will look to Urban for a few pointers to keep the troops morale up :cheer:

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

More
8 years 4 months ago #10 by Moeggo
Replied by Moeggo on topic KM Group Builds

CyNaKyL wrote: Agreed.... Perhaps to make things easier every GB could have a main moderator (ie the person who came up with the idea) and then an assistant moderator (if people think we need one...)

- Gaz

I think you should have two Mod's per GB... That way there should be one around if something happens to the other...

• Dean
  • I must do less research, I must do less research
More
8 years 4 months ago #11 by Dean
Replied by Dean on topic KM Group Builds
If there ever is a StuG one I'm happy to help out so long as I can be called untermoderscharfuhrer

My wife calls me a curmudgeon. I haven't looked it up but I assume it means "fun loving and free spirited" or some such twaddle. I inform and perform over at www.militarymodels.co.nz and stick my oar in here as well. My passion is WWII 1/35 armour but I'm coming around to liking the odd 1/32 thing...

More
8 years 4 months ago #12 by Bishop
Replied by Bishop on topic KM Group Builds
Gruesome, but a good idea

Amateur plastic surgeon!

More
8 years 4 months ago #13 by Grant
Replied by Grant on topic KM Group Builds
I can help out with running a GB. I've been a bit hammered with work in the last couple of months (and haven't touched a model), but should have more time over summer. :)

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #14 by Gary
Well if Urban is Master Chef (it's like Chief but he likes to burn things) and whoever sugests the build then that makes two.

• Dangermouse84
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #15 by Dangermouse84
Replied by Dangermouse84 on topic KM Group Builds
Hey Guys, I am relatively new to the whole "online, even model club side of things but I would be keen to have a crack at moderating if someone is willing enough to tell me what my responsibilities would be,

Clinton-DM

Slow is steady, steady is fast

More
8 years 4 months ago #16 by Grant
Replied by Grant on topic KM Group Builds
I would be keen to see the "NZ Defence Force What if" happen, and would put my hand up to help out on this.

• McCoy
  • Manager
  • Manager
  • 1:72 is the way to fly...
More
8 years 4 months ago #17 by McCoy
Replied by McCoy on topic KM Group Builds

Gary wrote: Hey Urban
I'm more than happy for you to take the slack if you don't mind mate. I'm just trying to involve the members a bit more and reduce the amount of "here's a great idea but I'm not going to do anything for it" that sometimes appears on different forums. I'm hoping that by getting the members more involved it will inspire them to actually finish the build they proposed and also drag others in so that they aren't the only ones making stuff.
But if as you say we get a lot of interest but the person who sugested it can't step up for one reason or another then you taking the slack would be great, you're already a moderator for the whole group build set of forums. I've made Andrew a moderator for the IDF Group build forum only (so if you see his name in Blue he's just moderating the IDF build and not a case of more chiefs than indians :D
Ah yes Urban while I remember, could you do me a big favour and go through that long "Biuld a Crappy model" group build post and seperate the builds in to seperate topics, I started yesterday with Grants Handley Victor K2 but I've not got much time at the moment to finish it and seeing as you're the chief Groupie ;)
Cheers bud
Gary

That's ok mate! I'll run the show n' help out as much as possible with those builds that is runned by the original creator.

I'll go through the Crappy build n' break out the individual builds in due time. I've got more time for it in 'bout 7-10 days to do so.

At my chaotic desk:

Airfix: Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 1:72
Heller: FW 190 A-5 1:24
Revell: F-104C Starfighter 1:72
AZ Model: TP-81 Grumman Goose 1:72
Tasca: Sherman Firefly Vc 1:35
DML: Panther D 1:35
Tamiya: Char B1 Bis 1:35
Tamiya: Cromwell Mk.IV 1:35
Tamiya: Sherman M4 Early 1:35

As I build slowly...

Moderators: AndrewGaryTony Lee