× We've had Aircraft and Armour Group builds before on Kiwimodeller, but never a dedicated ship building group build. Time to get your ship together!

The GB will be launched on 1st November 2016, and run until 1st November 2017.

It is open to any scale, and material

The model must be built in its entirety within the specified build dates and the build should be accompanied by a thread in the group build forum documenting regular progress. Post shots of your sprues at the beginning of your thread.
By the end of the GB (and no later than 24 hours after the completion date) participants should post five pictures of the completed build in the GB completed builds thread. There is no entry fee for the GB, but a donation for the upkeep of Kiwimodeller is welcome The winner of the group build will be decided by popular vote.
Voting will run for the week following the 1st of November, ending Midday the 8th of November. A deadlock will be decided by a separate run-off vote.

Moderators will be Andrew and Declan (Gibbs)

PE question

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • gibbs
  • gibbs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #1 by gibbs
PE question was created by gibbs
I've been looking around for some more reference shots for this project and came across this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flyhawk-1-350-350169-IJN-Musashi-for-Tamiya-/172078421475?hash=item2810ac55e3:g:V3QAAOSwX~dWqFz9

I really am tempted despite already having the eduard set but I am wondering has anyone ever used Flyhawks stuff before as I'd like to know what I am getting myself in for if I decide to get it.

Also can you recommend any suppliers in the UK who might have this is as generally things from china take a few weeks to arrive putting me even further behind

My little corner of the internet
File Attachment:
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by gibbs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #2 by gun grape
Replied by gun grape on topic PE question
You will get a much finer set of PE. Less prone to break and way more detail.

I've used some of their generic sets. Really good. Most of the builds I've followed where people used Flyhawk, they didn't use everything.

The set you are looking at has 10 sheets of PE plus barrels, capstains, bollards and more. Its a lot to add. You definitely get your moneys worth.

And its head and shoulders above Eduard. I've only used Ed products twice (Missouri and a OHP) and for me they are the PE of last resorts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Andrew