Tonights progress. Fuel tanks and missiles attached. Fuel probe Painted stripey. Landing gear is in the process of touch ups, but will be attaching it after I have clear coated the top. Tail fin has also been painted accurately
Disaster has struck... the decals are too old, and are not coming off... no matter how long I leave them in the water for. I then forced it off, and the cardboard backing just split, instead of the actual slide transfer - leaving a very thin layer of the cardboard on the bottom of the decal. I tried this with three different decals, and all are doing the same.
I need some new decals off anyone please? I will pay for them or whatever, but unfortunately the set I have is not able to be used If I have to change the squadron that will be ok, but I would rather not repaint her...
If you could that would be great. Funny enough though, my instructions have got the same decals - but it would be good to see the actual italeri instructions.
Guys - mini vote: The VA 212 scheme is slightly different from the VMA 211 scheme I had planned. The 212 scheme has a plain white tail fin, and the barber pole fuel probe at the front is plain colouring. I would like to keep the barbers pole (as it took so long, and looks really good) but would it be better to go for accuracy, and paint the tail fin plain white?
Xtr3meNZer wrote: If you could that would be great. Funny enough though, my instructions have got the same decals - but it would be good to see the actual italeri instructions.
Apologies for pics rather than scans.
My set of the Italeri instructions for the 1/72 kit. Prepare to be underwhelmed:
Seriously, that's it for the VA-212 option, unless you want to include the boxart. Fortunately Tamiya included a slightly more useful plan when they reboxed the Italeri kit with the same option:
For the second option the back of the box is a bit more comprehensive.
Cheers for that Mumbles. I got most of it done last night, by looking at pictures of the actual aircraft lol. Hopefully it's accurate. I ended up painting the tail fin white, but I couldn't part with the barbers pole fuel probe.
I have a couple of things to add, the front landing gear "cover" and a couple of little things.
This is where it's at currently. When I finish it tonight/this afternoon, will put some pics up, and add to the gallery
Sorry for bad quality, was taken last night on my phone.
Yes, a good outcome.
Looking forward to seeing more photos.
My preference - WW2 RNZAF & Pacific Theatre, Allied & Axis, ETO, Mediterranean, AFV & figures
I enjoy doing research