1/350 Anzac Class Frigate - Oh yes it does exist!

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Phil
  • Phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #1 by Phil
Not sure how I missed this, but since the middle of 2012 a Melbourne company has been slowly turning out limited run Anzac Frigates.

Here's a link to the most detailed info I've so far found:

www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/ff/hmas/Anzac-350-am/index.htm

www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=105777

Available to order from here:

victorianhobbycentre.com.au/fleetline-mo...c-class-frigate.html

I've been in touch with these guys and they've confirmed that the kit comes with the Kiwi Flight deck and both style of gun turret. I've placed an order for one which is tentatively due to be ready in Feb.

Now I've never built a ship before, but having served on HMNZS Te Mana I really couldn't pass up the opportunity to model 'my' ship. Hopefully being a limited run thing in resin it doesn't pose too many problems for me. It needs a bit of converting to make it accurate for a current configuration TEM, the quarter deck needs to be shortened, and the antenna fit and CIWS needs to be added to the 02 deck above the hangar, along with Mini Typhoon above the bridge wings.

WEM do a two pack of SH-2F Seasprites, which although metal shouldn't be too hard to convert into something looking like a G in 1/350. I think a bit of careful cutting and sanding will modify the engine nacelles to look suitably G like in that scale, and some PE should work for the weapon pylons and some suitably profiled plastic rod or stretched sprue for the AUX tanks. Not sure exactly how tiny it will be, but I can't build an Anzac and leave off the most important part.

Once it arrives I'll post up some more info.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Phil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by sjr_76
Hahahaha the most important part I'm sure all the Jacks (sailors) on TK and TM felt the same way about the Seasprite phil :whistle: Will be watching with interest would love to do TK up from our deployment to the Gulf in 02-03 B)

Regards

Steve R

More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by sjr_76
Phil it also looks like Showcase Models Aus will also be releasing their own ANZAC in the near future as well, cant have to many ANZACs now can we :woohoo:

Regards

Steve R

• Phil
  • Phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by Phil
Well I've pretty much decided this kit is nothing but vapourware. Nearly 6 months since I first contacted them and numerous follow up emails, always the same 'we're expecting it in a few weeks'.

Glad I didn't pre pay for anything.

Maybe the Showcase models one will eventually appear?

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary