Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Taylor
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by Taylor
Armidale Class Patrol Boat was created by Taylor
Those of you who may have seen the TV series on Prime called Sea Patrol will recognise this.

This is the Australian Navys Armidale Class Patrol Boat which replaced the Fremantle class ships in 2005.
www.defence.gov.au/dmo/esd/jp2043/images...lass_Patrol_Boat.jpg

Put aside the fact that the Sea Patrol story lines are somewhat on the corny side, the Armidale class boat labelled HMAS Hammersly is cool looking boat with that massive gun on the front.

Does anyone know if there is a kit available of this boat and if so where would I likely be able to get hold of one?

Searches through google haven't revealed much so I wounder if the nautical modellers out there may know more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dean
  • I must do less research, I must do less research
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by Dean
Replied by Dean on topic Re: Armidale Class Patrol Boat
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configuration

Sounds like you'd need to put in a lot of work but cheap enough.

My wife calls me a curmudgeon. I haven't looked it up but I assume it means "fun loving and free spirited" or some such twaddle. I inform and perform over at www.militarymodels.co.nz and stick my oar in here as well. My passion is WWII 1/35 armour but I'm coming around to liking the odd 1/32 thing...

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #3 by sjr_76
Replied by sjr_76 on topic Re: Armidale Class Patrol Boat

Taylor wrote: Put aside the fact that the Sea Patrol story lines are somewhat on the corny side, the Armidale class boat labelled HMAS Hammersly is cool looking boat with that massive gun on the front.

The Armidale class are a great looking ship, but by naval stands it's gun isn't really that big, but the M242 Bushmaster 25mm auto cannon packs a nasty wallop especially for what those patrol craft are doing and its also the same as mounted on the kiwi LAV's and RNZN patrol craft.
25mm Bushmaster Auto Cannon

5inch 127mm Naval cannon the same as the Kiwi ANZACs, nothing quite like the feeling of the ship shaking and the smell of cordite as this bad boy fires

Regards

Steve R
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by sjr_76.

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by CyNaKyL
Replied by CyNaKyL on topic Re: Armidale Class Patrol Boat
Did anyone else notice the shell in the right hand side of that picture? They took the photo at just the right moment....

- Gaz

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by RayS
Replied by RayS on topic Re: Armidale Class Patrol Boat
I know a guy over on this side of our little pond that is making Armidale hulls in sizes form 1/350 up to 1/50. He is also making soem fittings such as gun the gun mount available. I believe he also has a set of plans drawn up that he also sells.

Ray
On, under and around the bench

1/72 Anigrand C-17
1/72 Airfix F-27
1/72 Matchbox Hawk 200
1/72 Italeri Rafale
1/144 Revell A330
1/144 C-141
1/144 Revell KC-10
1/144 Revell E-4B
Plus many, many more....

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary