Yes it appears to be a lot of resin and it is a lot of resin. Its a box that just keeps on giving. A lot of prep work has to be done to cut and trim the pieces and some of the pieces are tiny so a lot of care is also needed.
It is going to be along haul on this one and I may well break away to make something else.
The load is already purchased that is if I don't change my mind by the time I come to place the load.
It will be over 600 mm long and I'm in the process of making a Perspex cover so as not to accumulate too much dust.
So not only is it a multi media kit it will be a multi,multi media endplay.(I know what I mean).
For the present any way I have decided to use Gorilla glue as I'm fed up with using super glue when it just don't stick .
I did read the other day that superglue loses its stick somewhere in its life and you should never expect to get to the bottom .
And it would be more useful to the user to break open another superglue bottle when it just don't stick.
Great work on the details so far. The careful preparation of the pieces is already paying off. Good idea not to rush it so you don't get bored and cut corners and end up hating it. Watching watching...
Update In Stash:
Lots of 1/35 Armor mainly WWII German and a few Modern British/American pieces, 1/32 Aircraft and 1/48 Aircraft. Aircraft chosen to replicate RNZAF and RAAF types through the years. Some RAF & USAF types exist also.
Accurate Armour ----Oshkosh HET
3 years 2 weeks ago #14
I think its paint time , a coat of undercoat an as I'm going to Telford this weekend I hope to pick up a AZ paint pack with nato colours. And depending on what I think at the time I may paint it in nato camo or I may leave it in just green.
Not sure to honest .I need to look at a few pictures to get the theme going
The load, still in the box may well be desert sand colour to provide a bit of contrast with the main unit.
Need to source a driver and shotgun rider.!!!
Thought I would try my hand at a driver conversion ,he started off as a Russian driver to which I filed down the detail on his head and added a plastic rim .To try and get a floppy hat effect I picked him up at Telford for £4.
The previous picture did not come out so good to close not enough light. So here's another one.
And cracking on with the undercoat. In this case Halfords grey.
I'm not a great believer in undercoat and only do it because its expected of you and better modellers swear by it .But when I do it I miss bits ,some places it looks too think even though I applied a quick spray as light as I can and in the picture below you can see it looks way too dark. And I sprayed it in the shed left it for 2 hours brought it in doors and it stinks.