Completed Luftwaffe '46 builds

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • CyNaKyL
  • CyNaKyL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #1 by CyNaKyL
Completed Luftwaffe '46 builds was created by CyNaKyL
Since I actually finally finished a kit (first one in 3 years and second since I started modelling again 7-8 years ago :blush: ) I should probably post some shots...
Apologies for the quality, only camera I got that works is the one on my galaxy S3...

Anyway, without further ado, here is my Tamiya 1/48 Dornier Do335A0 finished as the one that is on display at NASM.

Any comments etc welcomed, I'm usually not a stickler for 100% accuracy, if I think it looks right then I'm happy with it...

- Gaz

Edit: the dustiness that you can see in some of the photos is the flat coat I put on this morning, I think i need to give it a wipe down with a cotton cloth to get rid of it... :(

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by CyNaKyL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by Dads Army
Replied by Dads Army on topic Re: Completed Luftwaffe '46 builds
:woohoo: Well done Gaz. She's a beauty - and here I was thinking they kept you too busy at SCA to get any building done :lol:
Brilliant masking work and wash. Did you use the Tamiya panel wash on this one?

"Rough as Guts Production's"
The following user(s) said Thank You: CyNaKyL

More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Re: Completed Luftwaffe '46 builds
Are you name dropping again Gaz? Oh on my GALAXY S III, it's all I have........ :P (I'm jealous, as I only have the 1

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by Bishop
Replied by Bishop on topic Re: Completed Luftwaffe '46 builds
That's beautiful work. Nice weathering about the place.

Amateur plastic surgeon!

More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by Gary
Yeah sorry Gaz forgot to say nice job on the kit mate, was too busy dribbling over your phone, just wipe it off, it'll be ok.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by CyNaKyL
Replied by CyNaKyL on topic Re: Completed Luftwaffe '46 builds
The original wash wash an oil one but the turps started taking the paint off. I did go over it all again with the tamiya wash though. I've found that the tamiya wash doesn't work particularly well over future but on bare acrylics it works wonderful. The masking on the canopy was done with parafilm, it is so nice and easy to cut and use, i love it better than tamiya tape. The camo masking was all done with tamiya tape though. There are a few areas on it I wasn't completely happy with but I just wanted to get one over the line (plus now that I've finished one I can buy more kits... :whistle: )

yeah I got a new phone, needed a new one and was going to change my plan anyway so got the s3 for free... Hopefully I win the trip to space (although the $260000 cash would come in handier)...

Thanks for the comments gents...

- Gaz

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by CyNaKyL
I also forgot to add that I used my "Gary Glue" for the first proper time and it works wonderfully. I used it to attach the canopy and the last couple of struts to the main u/c. Even though the parts were already painted they stuck well and the paint job wasn't damaged at all. I give Gary Glue the Gaz seal of approval :P

- Gaz

More
8 years 6 months ago #8 by Gary
You have to be careful with the glue when you're doing canopies, because it's so thin it really flows fast via capillary action and can track up fingers and even masking tape, it's a case of trial and error but I glue all my canopies with it now.

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
8 years 6 months ago #9 by CyNaKyL
I'll remember that for the future. The front canopy was already on but I used KM Weld to do the main open canopy part. There are a couple of small tabs on the canopy that correspond to two small cutouts on the fuselage, I just held the canopy in place, chucked a bit of KM Weld in the join and propped the open canopy against a bottle to hold it in the right place.

- Gaz

Moderators: AndrewTony LeeGary