I have finally begun work on the Panther F 1946 with Octopus scheme. I've been working this week on the turret installing an interior with parts left over from other builds such as the L70 JP that became an L48. Thought the barrel is the wrong shape I've been able to adapt the breach end to act as a "production version" You can't see much of it, but you'll see enough to know there's stuff in there. I love this kit, it will be the second of three that I'll build. Its stuffed with goodies that will be useful on the late Panther G when I start work on it. In fact the PE from the third F kit, the 1945 version I'm yet to build, has already landed in the late G box. I'll go slow with this build as its worth the time so I'll keep this ticking along as I build the Pz IV variants.
Photos to follow.
I should add that this tank will be part of Wiking division based in the reoccupied Kiev after the crushing of the Red Army, and obliteration of Moscow in Hitler's first successful use of atomic weapons. It is the summer of 1946.
Photos. These show a first rough coat of deck tan. This needs repeating and the the details added. There will be a simple floor for the basket to fit in, but you can't see much detail even with the turret off, and I've done an interior in the F I did two years ago so that will be all. What will be included though is the Tamiya engine bay that's been waiting in the wings.
Moving a bit further. I've successfully sorted out the driver radio man hatches. I've used evergreen rather than waste time with the dreadful PE for the runners. This looks much better and is way way stronger. These must have made a shocking noise when sliding metal on metal. I've also sorted out the Tamiya engine. These do NOT fit straight into the DML set up so you need to adjust the side walls of the engine "box". Its a good accessory though and worth the effort. I've started to sort out the lower hull now, really taking both this and the IV J nice and slowly. I can't paint anything so I may as well take the time and not get to large a painting back log brewing up. Not pictured here is the double armour for the turret roof which has turned out rather nicely.