Boxcar weathering

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • bikingmike
  • bikingmike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
8 years 10 hours ago #1 by bikingmike
Hi all, I had a bash at adding some more weathering to a HO scale boxcar that I started a while back. Afterall, I couldn't really make it any worse, could I?

Coz I'm a lazy git, I'll just post the link for where I've posted it before...

dieseldetailer.proboards.com/index.cgi?b...=display&thread=9080

Cheers

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 hours ago #2 by Gary
Lazy bstard............
Yeah spose it looks nice, I see you forgot to mention that you are a "Pro" modeller when you told them it was your fisrt go :P
I already said it looked really nice at HMR, but I'll say it again, looks nice mate :D

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• bikingmike
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
8 years 8 hours ago #3 by bikingmike
well, not really lazy - just making the most of the internet's strengths!

Nowt "pro" about me mate - just a humble amatuer trying the best he can.... :D I have nowt but respeck for those who scratchbuild and modify stuff, before them I am a lowly kit assembler... :P

M

More
8 years 6 hours ago #4 by Bishop
Nonsense, that's a pro's work for sure.

Amateur plastic surgeon!

• bikingmike
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
7 years 11 months ago #5 by bikingmike

Bishop wrote: Nonsense, that's a pro's work for sure.

Thanks Bish - although seeing the work of Steve4 and others relegates me back to being a hack amateur! :lol:

M

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #6 by CyNaKyL
Mikey, I have to echo what others have said, top notch job mate! (especially since I have absolutely no interest in railroad modelling, something my father was bitterly disappointed with) Don't sell yourself short by saying you are an amateur, there's nothing amateurish about that work, it has all the hallmarks of being "pro".

- Gaz

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....
Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by CyNaKyL.

More
7 years 2 months ago #7 by Whiterook
That's some seriously good work! As good as anything I've seen running at the yearly train show at the Big E in Springfield, Massachusetts (that's one hell of a big show, for you non-Yanks!).

I have a friend who bought an airbrush and compressor to weather a TON or rolling stock he's collected FOREVER. Never sprayed a lick out of it. His trains are boxed up because he "never found the right modular system to build on (yet scoffed at my felt on folding camp table layout that I ran trains on for a long time and had a ball!!!)

I've recently gotten into airbrushing and plan to weather some of my stock at some point....having too much fun with model kits, though, so the stock will wait a bit longer :silly:

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary