Wheels on, seats and dash fitted, radiator and hose attached. Just waiting for a body
And excuse the light but the the body hasnt come out too bad. Unfortunately the hood got a bit too much clear on it, and while I was trying to use the air brush to blow off the excess, the humidity and temperature cause it to dry super fast. Lucky the body is fine. Ive used an acrylic clear over a lacquer colour so I'm hoping i can take it off once its dry, or even just throw the whole thing in a bath of Klear to reactivate it and get a better finish. Will leave it till the morning though.
Cheers K2. Yeah, on to the last little parts to get it over the line now. Seeing all the bits I haven't done properly but keen to tick this off the list, take what I've learned and move on to the next thing.
Whoops, sorry Ian. Patience isn't my strongest suit. I started painting the window trims and wipers with a mix of Vajello black and a vivid.
The exhaust needed to be leveraged down so before I did that, I had to make sure it was all in line. My complicated and skilfully assembled rig because I had glued the wrong part in first
Then I added in the headlights. I wish I had realised what effect the alignment pegs would have first, as I probably would have removed them to get a flush band end. I painted the rear of the lights chrome.
And then a bit more happened and some magic, and maybe a fairy or two, and ......,
The mistake with the bonnet made me cheat and paint it matte black but I think it actually looks good. I do need to add a couple of decals, The rear licence and the Datsun logos on the side. I painted the quarter indicators and reflectors rather than using the decals, as well as a couple of the other raised badges that I was comfortable with. The pegs that act as the bonnet tilt arms both broke, so it just sits there, but its OK. Not worth fixing I think
Nice K1...no clear lens covers for the headlights?
Looks cool tho...a friend of D1 and myself had one of these, grayish if i recollect...flintstone version too...no floor under the drivers feet, bar a piece of thick ply fixed in to place
Update In Stash:
Lots of 1/35 Armor mainly WWII German and a few Modern British/American pieces, 1/32 Aircraft and 1/48 Aircraft. Aircraft chosen to replicate RNZAF and RAAF types through the years. Some RAF & USAF types exist also.
Thanks all. A bit of a tough kit but she scrubbed up nice. Unfortunately the AK Extreme metals didn't perform that great. Maybe just the luck of the first batch.
lol about the Flintstone car Dave. Reminds me of some of the beach bombs I see up Wallys neck of the woods. Knew a family that put their kids in raincoats when driving in winter cause it had no windows.