Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • IAN
  • IAN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1 by IAN
360 Modena was created by IAN
Tamiyas kit, built (more or less) right from the box - I did swap the tyres from the RoG La Ferrari which are the same size but a lower profile.

Paint is all Tamiya and all from rattle-cans - Grey Primer, then White Primer then Pure White and finally two light coats of Pearl White, all sealed in with two coats of TS-13 Clear. I used Tamiya three-part polish to bring-up the shine but due to my questionable photographic skills that doesn't show in the pics (d*mn*t). Interior is very dark grey and 'wine red' - my own mixes and I'm really pleased with the final look. Realised immediately after taking the photo's that I'd forgotten to put the exhaust tips on, so please don't mention my 'deliberate error' - as I type this they are now in-place !

Last word is the badges - self adhesive enamel that were sent to me by BNA Model World in an order from a couple of years ago 'just to try' - they're superb and I've no idea who the manufacturer is so when they're used-up that's probably it.

Thanks for taking the time to look and / or comment, have the rest of a great weekend all, best from NZ.

Ian.
[/b]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #2 by Viperbuilder
Replied by Viperbuilder on topic 360 Modena
Nice work again on great subject matter Ian.

On the bench:
Revell 1-72 Hunter FGA.9
The following user(s) said Thank You: IAN

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #3 by grover
Replied by grover on topic 360 Modena
Really nice and different to see a car in white. You don't often see that in models unless it's plastered in decals.

Kane
On the Bench - Tamiya 1:48 F-117
The following user(s) said Thank You: IAN

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary