Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks

TOPIC: Fujimi 1/24 Nissan 180SX

Fujimi 1/24 Nissan 180SX 2 months 2 weeks ago #1

• yak
  • yak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 238
Latest completed is this 180SX from Fujimi, unfortunately i have two more S13 silvia variants from fujimi in the stash to build at some stage as well. This was a bit of a dog. the clear parts are not very clear, they are hazy and no amount of polishing made a difference. they also did not fit very well and took a fair bit of reshaping to get them sort of fitting. The front bumper is also in two parts the top molded to the body and the bottom needing to be glued and it is a different shape to the top needing a lot of work to get the smooth look the car has. Then there's the wipers! I nearly biffed the whole car in the bin they were so hard to get on. It also lacks a lot of detail on the inside but with the crappy glazing it hardly matters. Anyway enough bitching, I changed the syspenion around to get the ride height etc right, changed the wheels out for some BBS ones, mirrors from an evo rally car, made the rear spoiler and front splitter and had a go at carbon decaling with a hobby design carbon sheet. colour is a factory option Yellowish silver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rob
Favorite quote: "Terry" No model left behind even if it screams all the way to the display shelf!

Currently hacking away at:
1/24 Tamiya Mazda RX-7 S4
1/25 Revell Datsun 720 Kingcab
1/24 Hasegawa Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR race car "on hold"
1/24 Fujimi Nissan 180SX "FINISHED"

Last Edit: by yak.

Fujimi 1/24 Nissan 180SX 2 months 2 weeks ago #2

• Gary
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 943
Very nice work on the bonnet Rob, the rest looks pretty good, only thing I'd pickup on are the bonnet lines aren't parrell (I'd say it's had a smash up at some point in its history :) ) and the flakes/pigments in the metallics look out of "scale".
You should try the Alclad Candy silver base coat, you can't see the metal flakes as they are tiny.
Other than that it's a fine build, hope you don't mind some constructive feedback?
The following user(s) said Thank You: yak

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Fujimi 1/24 Nissan 180SX 2 months 2 weeks ago #3

• Terry
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 260
While I've never binned a kit (that i can recall?) I can see from the quality of the clear parts on your kit that I'd be teetering on the brink of thinking it. So have a pat on the back and a well done from me mate. No model left behind even if it screams all the way to the display shelf! :ohmy: :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yak

Fujimi 1/24 Nissan 180SX 2 months 2 weeks ago #4

• yak
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Gary, never noticed the panel lines but i'm not surprised. With the colour, when i make them up i normally swap the coarse metallic for a fine one but my interest in this kit waned and i forgot about it. When i cleared it i knew straight away i had stuffed up but i really couldn't be bothered repainting it. Being a street racer/drifter it's probably had a few hits and the owner had it resprayed with a metal flake to bling it up :lol:

Thanks Terry, I opened one of the other S13's and the clear parts are nice and clear so this may have been a bad/tainted batch of plastic. But once its in a cabinet with a bunch of other models hopefully it just blends in.

I love this line i might have to use it.

Terry wrote: No model left behind even if it screams all the way to the display shelf!

Rob
Favorite quote: "Terry" No model left behind even if it screams all the way to the display shelf!

Last Edit: by yak.

Fujimi 1/24 Nissan 180SX 2 months 2 weeks ago #5

• Hadley
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 130
Looks good man.
Keen to see what you used and process for the carbon

In the build:
2x Possum Bourne Subaru rally cars
On hold:
1/48 KA50 Hokum
1/72 Bell 412

Fujimi 1/24 Nissan 180SX 2 months 1 week ago #6

• yak
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm a learner driver on that so there's probably a better way. Like making a template of the bonnet and cutting the decal to shape first. But what i did was tape the bonnet off put on a coat of future, layed on the decal as a square then another coat of future. after it had dried i cut around the bonnet recess and pulled the tape off then remasked and put down two coats of 2K clear.
Attachments:

Rob

Fujimi 1/24 Nissan 180SX 2 months 1 week ago #7

• grover
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Kane - Like the biblical figure, only prettier
  • Thank you received: 1205
Really nice work Yak.

Kane
On the Bench - Zvezda Star Destroyer
  • Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary