So this lump has been sitting on my bench waiting for me to get in the headspace. As much as I want to do an amazingly awesome job, I am starting to realise that I need to balance my expectations with my skill level, and the time I have to do things, otherwise, I won't (and don't) finish anything. So with that in mind, I took the step to get this done, with the understanding I can come back to it and do more at a later date.
So I started by gluing the small parts on that still needed to be added.
I still had the area I was re-doing to re-spray. That took 5 minutes.
I decided to paint inside the engine areas with a metallic but didn't want anything too shiny, so went with a Mr Metal Buffable Stainless.
Not much of a difference but enough. Not that anyone will look in there, but I think it was worth doing.
Then I started attaching the engines. This is an example of something I wont to come back to at a later stage as a pin wash will really make this area pop, but because it's such a lump anyway there are natural shadows cast as well, and this is the compromise I have decided to make.
The hangar bay hook/crane got added. I took liberties with its colour as well. I just wanted it to stand out a little
And I'm calling her done..................................................... for now