Hehe.. looking good mate but don't envy you re the tiny control levers.
I was fitting some tiny hooks on the back of my tank yesterday and while trimming from the sprue I hear "click" as I made the cut then tick.... tick... tick...tick as the part flew off and into the ether. I spent nearly half an hour crawling around on all fours trying to find it again while also trying to avoid being molested by the cat.
I eventually found it though and spent another 15 mins or so trying to fit the bloody thing into position!
Is there not any clear parts to fit behind/between the canopy frames?
Von Drinkoften wrote: Is there not any clear parts to fit behind/between the canopy frames?
No you get a clear canopy that you will need to mask or the open frame which you leave open. I can see why, the studio model had an open frame, and the Degrassi replica you can buy replicates this. I'll dip the clear parts in Pledge today so by next weekend I will have tried to make the decision and the Klear will be rock hard and ready to mask if I go that route
I dry-brushed the front of the cockpit and test fit it again now it's all decaled up
The sandstone colour I used on the seats was too yellow and dark so I used a lighter type of tan that looks better. I've also done a lot of paint on Han and Chewie and spending some extra effort with them. They are tiny but starting to look decent for my skills. No pics of them, will share once I'm finished them.
Cheers Bishop. To be honest, from the photos I've seen, once the glass is on you don't see a huge amount of detail in there unless you light it so it should be ok. Not looking forward to decaling the body though
Xtr3meNZer wrote: Looks to me like there is enough room inside the thing to install some LEDs, and get her shining mate... I'm sure you can do it
Nah, if I were to light this thing I would have to do it all the way and that would a hugely long project as I learned all about lighting, fibre optics and such. I would want to do it justice and that would mean lighting the engines and that is a huge job.
Update In Stash:
Lots of 1/35 Armor mainly WWII German and a few Modern British/American pieces, 1/32 Aircraft and 1/48 Aircraft. Aircraft chosen to replicate RNZAF and RAAF types through the years. Some RAF & USAF types exist also.
Didn't take too long to put together. I have left the arms unglued so the dish will swing. I'll paint this separately from the body and attch it last. I'll probably fix the dish at some stage but I haven't decided when.
Thanks mano. I'm enjoying the very little time I'm getting to build. This is like a whole bunch of little sub builds, some requiring full on painting and assembly before going on the actual hull. Next up will be the 2 gun turrets. Just not getting as much time as I want to do them. Story of all of our lives I suspect.
So got some time tonight at the bench with the wife being sick and going to bed early. Started the next part of the build, the gun turrets. Putting the guns together and theres a pretty decent gap. I could have closed this up and had the gap at the back, but i didn't want to risk the glue so close to the swivel pins so I'll do what i can with the join. It may mean leaving it as I'm not going to get a sander in there.
Lucky I did a test fit of the glass and realised I was going to mask the wrong side.
Some playing around and I've decided the glass is going to kill the small amount of visibility into this area, so I decided to use the open framed part instead
Next job was the gunners seats and control column. These are to be painted black so I might just leave them with black primer. Not too sure yet.
Next sub-section ready for paint. This will actually be a good test of the techniques I can use on the full kit, and to learn how the Ammo pain't I'm looking at using sprays, as I've never used it before. Hopefully I'll get the primer down this weekend, and maybe even some paint.
It's actually molded really well for the most part. That's why I was so surprised by the gap. No flash at all, just some seem lines on the tube parts.
Ive primed this lot now and will preshade later this avo.
Preshaded the gun turrets and painted the chairs matte black. This is different that what I was originally going to do, which was prime everything in black and post shade like I did on the AT-ST I built. What I think I'll do is actually a mixture of both, with grey primer going down first, and then black primer on the really fiddly bits, as that used as shading really worked well before.
Next job while the other parts were drying was building the (what I have just looked up) escape pods. Started with a really loose test fit
From builds I've seen others do, the surrounds aren't exactly accurate but I'm just building as is.
What is probably going to be a regular occurrence during this build is broken parts. There are so many and a lot of very small parts, this is probably going to be inevitable. Luckily this case wasn't a major, and a bit of beat up on the parts might even add a bit of charm to the old "rust bucket"
Pods complete, no real issues there. Put these to the side until it's time to assemble the whole thing.
Next up, landing gear. While I'm actually building the "wheels up" so to speak, from what I have seen you can swap the gear, and the covers over so I can change it out to suit.
Moeggo wrote: Looking really good. I really one one now.. Off to Ebay now!
Careful mate. From what I have heard the ebay ones are going for ridiculous prices. Fine Molds have sold the molds to Revell, so don't be surprised to see a re-release around the time the movie comes out.
And thanks Bishop. As much as I write these threads for myself, knowing that a) reflection is an important part of learning and b) I'm one of the least experienced modelers here, I do hope others get something out of it.