Yeah it was Gunze Clear Blue. A bit dark but I just found this in the wife's draws. Seeing it light up over the keyboard makes a bit of a mockery of me not lighting it up, but hey. No one's going to accuse me of being a brilliant modeler
Bishop wrote: Or pre Starwars with the Han Solo prequel being announced today.
Saw that announcement the other day and my first thought was MORE FALCONS
We might get to see it before Han won it from Lando
Stand aside caffine, this is a job for alcohol.
Remember to subscribe at
for latest news, updates and sales. Use KM5 for 5% off your purchase.
Don't forget to mention you found the site via KM so I can give back to the site.
Home from Taupo and decided to spray the black Alclad base coat before it got too cold. I decided to take all the engine parts off the alligator clips I had them on and glue them in the bay now since it is all going to get a chrome coat.
The grill and the exhaust ports are going to get a steel paint, but I'm not too sure if it will be Alclad or Mr Metals. I'll probably try and use up my Alclads before switching to AK Extreme Metals. Everything got a wipe over with Isopropal Alcohol to make sure there were no fingerprints or other impurities.
Not the best shot but taking this was almost an afterthought. Not too sure how long the Alclad Black Basecoat takes to dry but I've read somewhere it's an enamel, so if it is with how cold it is at the moment, I might just leave it till mid week before I put on the Alclad colours.
ore of the parts, these the engine feathers for the lower hull
One of the things I learnt doing the top hull is that the 2 parts of the feathers don't always match up perfectly because you fit the top and bottom parts at different times if you follow the instructions. For the lower hull to save this I did them at the same time and used the stand to hold up the hull to make it easier to add the parts.
A bit of time later I had the rear of the bottom hull all assembled. There are some pretty fragile parts so I'll need to take care when painting.
Next to look at is all the pipe work starting with the lower hull
But looking at the parts, there are quite noticeable seem lines whic is probably to be expected given their size. I just didnt feel up to it today so I've called it a day. Time to lay up on the couch and try and recoup from this cold I have
Thanks guys. I've been tossing up weather I should paint the 2 halves and the side pieces separately or assemble it all as one before starting the paint. It's going to be my biggest painting job I've ever tried regardless. The advantage of painting while it's still in pieces is that I don't have to mask the quite fragile alclads and it will be easier to handle in the spray booth.
The downside is some of the parts that I need to glue in place to cover the screw holes, obviously can't be glued down, and then might risk standing out from other parts. I'm leaning towards the separate parts at the moment. Any suggestions?
Looking really good mate, itching to start my one but will hold off a while.
No I don't think they are milking it, if you think that there are over 110 Star Wars books set in that universe and that the possibilities are limitless, milk it more I say. If it's done right and they stick to the basic threads and timelines set out in the "official" i.e. approved books then they can't go wrong. It's when they step outside and rewrite what's already been written that people get upset.
'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
Doing this pipe work is probably one of the more challenging parts of the kit. Not super hard, but fiddly. The joins in the pipes are also going to require attention to get them looking better.
I started making some styrene filler with leftover sprue parts in a half bottle of Tamiya Extra Thin, and I've started to use this here. Will see how it goes. If not, I'm sire some putty will work. I only got through these parts before I gave it in for the night, and just realised from this picture, I missed one.
After a couple of weeks I finally have had some time at the bench. Time to continue with the piping
This is probably one of the weakest parts of the kit, but I'm glad they have done individual pipes where possible, as it would have looked silly with the areas underneath filled in like some models do. The problem comes where the parts are so small and all of them need cleaning up. They all seem to be 1 or 2 mm too short to sit perfectly
And there are also gaps where the pipes join that will need some filler. This will be fun
I would assume so given their layout. Some of the pipes flow into smaller diameter pipes too. I tried filling in with some Extra Thin- Styrene mix but I think im gonna have to putty these. At least I can do it in the lounge