Dust Afrika Korps Horten HO-347- Panel Line question?

Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks
  • Dave-MA
  • Dave-MA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #1 by Dave-MA
Time for a new painting project, a Horten HO-347 for Dust Tactics. Pretty cool wargaming model, roughly 1:48-1:53 scale, the design based on German early jets but upgraded to VSTOL. I'm thoroughly enjoying myself so far, as I get to try out a bunch of techniques I've seen you guys using on aircraft kits.

After gap filling and priming with AK grey primer I went and added some pre-shading with vallejo 71056. I've added an in-line moisture trap directly before my airbrush which is making a huge difference to its performance - no more moisture spurts.

Then did the basecoat of val 71034 (rlm79)

After that I added a touch of model air white and did some modulation on the curves and in the center of the panels.

The underside was basecoated with val 71101 (rlm78) and also given some modulation.

Then I added some soft edge camo with val 71017 (rlm80). This was a little harder to modulate but I gave it a crack.

Tomorrow I'll be doing the panel wash and doing the markings if I have time, ready for weathering later in the week.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Dave-MA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #2 by Maarten
Very nice B)

'' I could sense things were about to kick off, so I got out of there !''

More
4 years 10 months ago #3 by Nosferatu
Very Cool! I am playing with a Dust Tactics KV-152 at the mo..just while I recover....Interesting kit..Instructions are sparse and decals dont match the box art but really good fun!! Makes ya think about it! :P

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"

• Dave-MA
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 10 months ago #4 by Dave-MA
So I've done the panel line wash for the top, but not sure what colour to use for the underside. Any suggestions for the correct panel line colour for RLM78?

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
More
4 years 10 months ago #5 by CyNaKyL
Prob the same as what you would use for RLM76, I'm thinking a dark grey possibly. If you have the Ammo by Mig Late war german fighters set I think that has a rlm76 wash. Otherwise tamiya does the light grey panel accent which would prob do the trick also.

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

• Dave-MA
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 10 months ago #6 by Dave-MA
Thanks dude. I've got the the afrika korps streaking grime which is a light green grey which should do the trick.

• Dave-MA
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 10 months ago #7 by Dave-MA
Alrighty, some more progress tonight. First up I did the panel line wash on the upper surfaces, using the AK Afrika Korps wash thinned down a little bit.

Then I hit the underside with its panel line wash- the light green/grey DAK streaking grime.

Calling it there for today as I'm picking up a couple of the air series weathering sets tomorrow and also so I can look up a bit more on how to do the streaking effects for aircraft as well. Probably will also mask off and do the wing markings tomorrow night prior to the weathering
Attachments:

Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary