• Page:
Facebook TwitterGoogle Bookmarks

TOPIC: BSG (New Series) 1/32 Advanced Cylon Raider

BSG (New Series) 1/32 Advanced Cylon Raider 4 years 9 months ago #1

• CyNaKyL
  • CyNaKyL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Serial Kit Starter
  • Thank you received: 428
So I felt like throwing something together quickly for paint yesterday and pulled out my Moebius 1/32 Cylon Raider. It's not a bad little kit, there was quite a bit of flash around some parts (particularly the "head", some of which was very difficult to remove without damaging anything else) but it cleaned up pretty nicely. Will need some filler on the big underwing joins but for the most part, the seams are 'seamless'...

I plan on doing ti in various metal shades and will probably leave it fairly clean looking, since there isn't a lot of smoke or soot in space.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

In Soviet Russia, Iron Curtain GB builds you!

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

BSG (New Series) 1/32 Advanced Cylon Raider 4 years 9 months ago #2

• Gary
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 929
Erm these were also used as atmospheric raiders (in the TV series, I know it's not real) so wouldn't just be used in space ;)

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

BSG (New Series) 1/32 Advanced Cylon Raider 4 years 9 months ago #3

• olive drab
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 213
The second coming of Battlestar is now on the Zone channel on SKY. This is the deeper/darker series from 7 years ago not the kids series from the 1980s. Episode one series one was last weekend. :)

BSG (New Series) 1/32 Advanced Cylon Raider 4 years 9 months ago #4

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
I was actually watching the first episode last night while I was doing some work on this. G1, I remembered not long after I wrote the original post that both the raiders and the mark2/7's are atmospheric too. So I'll see how I go, I might do a bit of staining etc but will prob try to keep it pretty clean.

People look at me funny when I say I own "Fifty shades of Grey". FS36118, FS36270, FS36375.....

BSG (New Series) 1/32 Advanced Cylon Raider 4 years 9 months ago #5

• Steve
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Nice!! I put the M114 to one side last night and got out the Original Raider by Mobius. Went to Jay car this morning and got some 5mm blue LED's to light the engine, not a lot of lights on those!! Might do a follow as I build as well... old and the new! Just about finished watching the later series on Lightbox... different but good.... those Cylon 6's drive you nuts!!!

Spec Ops Scout.....what we do in the Shadows

On the Work Bench:
1/72 FM Millenium Falcon
1/24 Studio Scale X-Wing

BSG (New Series) 1/32 Advanced Cylon Raider 4 years 9 months ago #6

• CyNaKyL
  • Serial Kit Starter
Thanks Steve. At least 6 looks good while she's messing stuff up. I did toy with lighting this up (as I found another good build online had) but don't have the knowhow or wherewithall to sort it out. I could probably learn quick enough but I just feel like a quick build at the moment. I would like to do another one with lighting at some point but I would probably model it as Scar, just for a point of difference. When I get round to getting a Mk2 and a Mk7 I may try and light those too.

If I remember rightly the original raider is really big isn't it? Like dinner plate sized big (or maybe bigger)?

BSG (New Series) 1/32 Advanced Cylon Raider 4 years 9 months ago #7

• Steve
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Right you are - a BIG Dinner plate!! Scar would be good - add a bit of "character" to the Raider!

Spec Ops Scout.....what we do in the Shadows

On the Work Bench:
1/72 FM Millenium Falcon
1/24 Studio Scale X-Wing

• Page:
Moderators: Tony LeeAndrewGary